Records...at Aldi?

Well that's disappointing.
Evidently only 6 records/titles available.
And I'm still having trouble with that $17.99 price.
I guess it really has been a long time since I bought any new records.
I guess it has. I'm a cheapskate and I just picked up the Mariah Carey because that is the cheapest I have seen it anywhere. Nothing wrong with a big box store being used to blow out discontinued product. That's been going on for almost as long as selling records has.

Pretty much since I got my first CD player I've only gotten records at garage sales or GW.
So I find the current pricing to be high. I'm shocked that $17.99 is a GOOD price.

Pretty much since I got my first CD player I've only gotten records at garage sales or GW.
So I find the current pricing to be high. I'm shocked that $17.99 is a GOOD price.
You should buy a new record every once in a while. It will help you appreciate the amazing bargains some of we sellers bring you at BT.

I went ahead and pick up the fabulous Johnny Cash in mono 180 repressing, figured I'd go ahead and give it a shot the only one on the list I did not already own.
As far as Aldi is concerned, we've had one here in Menifee for almost 2 years I think and it's become one of our main shopping places. I find the quality no worse than any of other chain stores we have around here and I'm only spending half the price.

You should buy a new record every once in a while. It will help you appreciate the amazing bargains some of we sellers bring you at BT.

Actually I do check BT from time to time in the media area.
For the most part they are priced attractively.
Any more I may buy a couple few new CD's off ebay or pick up a couple few used records locally each year.

WAIT A MINUTE---I just realized, there may not be any place in my town that still sells NEW records, in fact it may have been a while since one did.
No wonder I had no idea about current pricing for new records.

That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.

Actually I do check BT from time to time in the media area.
For the most part they are priced attractively.
Any more I may buy a couple few new CD's off ebay or pick up a couple few used records locally each year.

WAIT A MINUTE---I just realized, there may not be any place in my town that still sells NEW records, in fact it may have been a while since one did.
No wonder I had no idea about current pricing for new records.

That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.

At RSD Black Friday I paid $35 to finally have Tuesday Night Music Club on vinyl after twenty something years. I would say the majority of new releases run from $25 to $40. The foo foo MFSL etc. are even more.

Do you have a Barnes and Nobel? Most of them are stocking vinyl these days.

Well that's disappointing.
Evidently only 6 records/titles available.
And I'm still having trouble with that $17.99 price.
I guess it really has been a long time since I bought any new records.

:dunno: when I started buying vinyl (1974) that would have been $3.51. $17.99 is pretty cheap.

At RSD Black Friday I paid $35 to finally have Tuesday Night Music Club on vinyl after twenty something years. I would say the majority of new releases run from $25 to $40. The foo foo MFSL etc. are even more.

Do you have a Barnes and Nobel? Most of them are stocking vinyl these days.

No B&N.
We do have a Walmart, but in all honesty I haven't looked to see if they have record section in years. Maybe once a year I browse their $7.99 CD section.
And now you tell me records aren't $8.99 anymore.
$25-$40, seems like with the millenials or whatever finding vinyls to be cool (I hate that term and don't get me going on woofers called subwoofers) they'd be pricing records to sell. And yet the artists say there is no money to be made selling records. Maybe oldies acts can't, maybe the flip floppers make money, I don't know. My gosh, how many Starbucks coffees could they buy for the same amount of money. Oh the humanity!

I'm a curmudgeon.
I'm turning into my Grandfather.
No streaming, no music from/through the computer.
No cell phone.
No Facebook.
I still listen to local FM. A lot. Lucky to have several local rock/oldies stations I can pick up.

Holy cow, my calendar says it's 2018.
When did that happen?

I ended up stopping in one of the local Aldi stores and picking up the Foo Fighters Greatest Hits and the Pearl Jam "Ten" reissue/remastered double LP. Good price (cheaper) compared to other places, including Amazon.

I just came back from grocery shopping there and saw the single box display on the shelf with all the household gadgets and gizmos. Sony Remastered Classics the display box said. I didn't bite. I recently picked up some NIB CD's at an antique mall kiosk for $1.99. I also paid $20 for a minty but used Montrose first album at a record store so there ya go.

Today it occurred to me that the best part of Aldi selling records is that my wife sees the bank ledger and only knows I spent money at Aldi. I've never got in trouble for buying groceries. I wonder if we could talk Trader Joes into selling vacuum tubes?

Back
Top Bottom