Red Sox spank the Yanks!!!!

JoZmo

Oh yeah! I've waited to say anything about this series because I know what's happened before (2003,Aaron Boone, 1978 Bucky efin' Dent etc), and I hate to eat my words! Well you get the picture.

But now the hated Yankees have GONE DOWN, GONE DOWN I SAY!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, it was so much sweeter because it was the Yankees.

And on top of that the Sox made the record books being the first team to come back after being down 3 games to none. Now on to the World Series.

I'm tired, not having got much sleep in the past week watching ll these games to mid-night and after but it's all worth it.

All I know is I went to sleep with a smile last night!

Im a Diamondbacks fan,so I can relate to the joys of beating up on the Yankees.A guy on the radio said that if the yankees are the evil empire,does that make steinbrenner Darth Vader,and Pedro Princess Leia,and Johnny Damon Chewbacca?

Boston may have been the underdogs, but with the budget of these two teams I'd hardly say it was a 'David vs Goliath' thing.

///me sits back and watches the demise of the Great American Sport. :grumpy:

Man was that sweet, the most HISTORIC comeback of all time and against the Yankees at that, in Yankee stadium!!! Go Sox!!! :thmbsp:

Late games, I'm glad it wasn't a 14 inning game!

I wanted the hated Yanks to lose, still I was hoping for a better game. Well shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth!

Pete

Oh how sweet it is. Not just to beat the Yanks, but to do it in such dramatic fashion. Really turning the tables...finally.

Now for the Cardinals, and the chance to exorcise more ghosts. I'll be looking for the Sox to avenge Autumn 1967, when I was in third grade. I remember at recess clustering around our teacher's transistor radio, and the disappointment that ensued when Gibson outlasted Lonborg in game seven.

Back
Top Bottom