Red Table Wine suggestions

Which brings us back to the Manischewitz wines and their equivalent. Maybe not red, maybe not premium, but they ARE guaranteed kosher. If you look up "sephardic" diets, you'll find those are radicalized versions of the Mediterranean diet you're supposed to be eating, and those recommend kosher wine.

PS ... I'd think any sulfide reaction would be more the amount present, not that it IS present. ANY wine will have sulfides in it ... that's an unavoidable natural part of the distillation process. Organic grown grapes tend to have more sulfides than that from a standard vineyard. Kosher law does not allow the addition of sulfides during processing. Add that all up, and you get ... er ... something anyway.

They pretty much all have sulfites.

Listen, I'm going to freely share an idea.

Design and make a ball that fits into the wine bottle, you drop it in, you move it around, swirl it and let it remove all of the sulfites, chemicals etc.

Alright so there, I gave you a great idea now make it happen before someone else does! ;-)"

Something a little different. I have no idea if it works or not:

https://drinkpurewine.com/the-wand-...he-wand-lab/&gclid=CIr97p_cwtMCFVNMDQodv30AuA

Egg flavored wine?

Bad eggs. Bacterial spoilage can lead you to the barnyard. The bigger issue can by the loss of fruit in wines, curtailing aging. I'm all for sans soufre, just make sure you keep them cool and I'm doubtful of long term aging.

Something a little different. I have no idea if it works or not:

https://drinkpurewine.com/the-wand-...he-wand-lab/&gclid=CIr97p_cwtMCFVNMDQodv30AuA

Yeah, I guess if I had bad allergies I might try it, but I'm not a big fan of the aftermarket wine gadgets.

Like the wine pump, from what I understand once oxygen gets into the liquid no amount of pumping will extract the oxygen.

Also with those aerators, I like my wine to develop in the glass. Of course you could always uncork and then cork the bottle and give it a good shake. About the same effect.

Bad eggs. Bacterial spoilage can lead you to the barnyard. The bigger issue can by the loss of fruit in wines, curtailing aging. I'm all for sans soufre, just make sure you keep them cool and I'm doubtful of long term aging.

Or, sulfiDes in wine.

Just gotta do your research and hope for the best I guess ... drink a lot, but never the same thing twice till you stumble (literally) across the perfect wine.

Thash uh IT! Yippie! (crash!) Er ... what was I drinking??

<derail>

At least it's not something expensive ... like maybe a sauna. Built one here, lined it with cedar, and THEN found out I was allergic to the tannin in the wood ... ended up having to "cook" the wood for some time (easy enough, as that's what saunas do) and eventually slapped on a couple coats of a soy based sealant.

PS ... you'd think I would have noticed a problem as I was building the thing, I made a LOT of sawdust. This is ONE wall, multiply by four and add an identical ceiling panel.

SaunaCeiling.jpg

But no ... apparently the tannin is only really an issue when heat activated - for me anyway. Anyone runs into a similar problem, the soy sealant is totally non-toxic and soaks into all the seams, so no problem with tannin leaching from the backs of the wood either.

</derail>

Sulfides are typically used to kill off the wild yeast that's naturally found on grape skins. Then the yeast the wine maker wants to use can be added for the ferment. Sulfur sticks are also burned before the wine is added to the barrels for aging.

Yes, SO2 is added to kill wild microorganisms naturally present on the grapes but there are many wines now that where this step is skipped. I just haven't found any that taste very good. People have had luck with the Ullo purifier, Just the Wine drops, or a couple drops of hydrogen peroxide. You can get test strips off Amazon that measure sulfite levels. Research has shown, however, that sulfites do not cause headaches so it could be something else you are sensitive to.

Back
Top Bottom