Redboy's fuse-popping machine

It's a selectable voltage choke input power supply for chip/SS amps that require a positive and negative rail.

Hey, that's pretty good, Ed!

But, no...

Betcha nobody thought of this:

004.jpg

Last edited:
If that's what I think it is.... energising supply for electrostatic loudspeaker? - I thought of this.... :scratch2:

Probably embarrassingly wide of the mark.

Last edited:
Only wide of the mark if he did not show some plasma tweeters atop that speaker cabinet. But not by much i wager.

If that's what I think it is.... energising supply for electrostatic loudspeaker? - I thought of this.... :scratch2:

Probably embarrassingly wide of the mark.

Powering the electromagnet in a field coil speaker? Adjustments on the supply effect the parameters of the driver?

That, sir, is the eighth mention of that name here on AudioKarma.

I'll be talking more of it soon.

Coolness! Looking forward to hearing about them. To tell the truth I hadn't heard of Feastrex until I put on my WWRBD cap and keyed some magic words into the google machine - that's what kept coming up. But then when a combo search on Feastrex and Redboy yielded nada on either AK or DiyAudio I had doubts. The cap persuaded me to hazard a guess :)

WWRBD?! :lmao:

Well, it's going to be a few days, yet. There's still this whole fuse-poppin' problem...

Good god man! slap some duct tape under the diodes to insulate them, and zip tie them back into place.
sheesh, the suspense is making me uptight.

Hey Nate that big cat you just let out of the bag scratched me. Please put it back.

Can't wait to see and hear them.

Just when you think you have a handle on what Nate is up to, he springs some totally out of the blue Frankenstein shit on ya. Thanks for keeping this joint interesting Nate. :smoke:

Some of the project books and magazines used to include one of those as a DIY project for little kiddies including boy scout/cubscout achievement manuals into the 60's. But that also was the time when you could weld with a Lionel ZW transformer too. Also circa that time- lighted Christmas Tree bases you plugged into the wall and you would keep filled with water for the tree- Underwriter's laboratory approved no less!

My fuse popping machine is a simple pair of bare wires that I touch together. It also provides a brief and intense light show.
I made a hot dog cooker when I was a kid by hammering two framing nails through a board and wiring an extension cord to the nails. You'd spear the hot dogs onto the nails and plug it in, and presto, heated hot dogs. Mom and dad were disturbed by this one.

Back
Top Bottom