needforspeed

The Spin Doctor
Subscriber
Title: Redeemer Of Souls
Artist: Judas Priest
Label: Epic
Genre: Hard Rock/Metal
Year: 2014

The early retirement of another iconic band from my youth(Again), Has decided to march on. Yes I spent a fortune on front row seats to the “Epitaph” Tour, What a night it was. Well with the release of ROS, Retirement is the last thing on these guys minds.
Who would have thought such a thing could happen, What with half the guitar duo, And one third of the song writing bailing at the last minute before said tour. What to do? Fold up the whole thing, Or find someone, And soldier on.
Well, Thankfully for us, They did find someone, Some guy named Richie Faulkner (Never heard of him? Me either). That night long ago, I was sitting on this guys side of the stage (Extremely close), And we were all saying who is this guy first, Then, Where has this guy been.
He absolutely killed that night, And our KK Downing mourning was over in about 5 minutes. Redeemer is a return to the more classic Priest sound, Everything you need to satisfy your metal urges are here. Crunching guitars, Check, Crazy lyrics, Yes, Spot on vocals, And a killer rhythm section, You got it.
There were plenty of doubts of a new Priest studio album with out KK Downing, the head songwriter on so many classics. Reading Faulkner/Tipton interviews before and after the release, Halford and Tipton turned much of this albums writing over to the new guy. That was surprising. His playing is very exact on this album, Everything from to opening outer space lick on Dragonaught, The solo’s on Halls Of Valhalla/March Of The Damned. Richie’s all over this thing. (He’s playing in your left channel)
This album is a fine addition to there storied history, Is it Screaming For Vengeance or Painkiller, No. Should it be added to any Guitar crazy meatheads library? You better believe it. Not to bad for a bunch of mid 60 year olds, And one kid.

Attachments

• DownloadedFile.jpg
    DownloadedFile.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 5
I waited for this album to come out more for curiosity because of this new kid and also because I heard he was doing a lot of the writing chores as NFS stated. A first for Priest without KK. Where was this 'new' revitalized Priest heading. Man was I shocked when I got this. I pre-ordered from Nuclear Blast Germany, (I prefer German made vinyl) and got the LP a day after release, after cleaning it with my VPI 16.5 I cranked it. Oh my, I was blown away. This was Judas Priest in all their glory. Maybe this is just what they needed. Some young blood to kick them in the ass. They all seen revitalized. I just wonder, will their next album be this good. I can tell ya, this Priest fan can hardly wait!

Back
Top Bottom