Redundant upgrade question:

Got a papasan chair with a nice microfiber cushion, no obstructions between the system and the listening space.

I don’t think your getting what I am saying. Check out room treatments onthe interweb. And the link Dave_1962 attached is a good one.

I don’t think your getting what I am saying. Check out room treatments onthe interweb. And the link Dave_1962 attached is a good one.
I understood what you were saying, but you did mention your chair, hence my reply. I intend to check out room treatments and the link.

I understood what you were saying, but you did mention your chair, hence my reply. I intend to check out room treatments and the link.

Sorry for the confusion! The chair I mentioned was the sweet spot chair, in the way of nothing. Just a different chair in the same spot made a big difference. Most furniture I have owned has made it in and out of my listening rooms over the years.

Edit: I moved every 3 yrs my whole Navy career. That's a lot of rooms to set up.

Sorry for the confusion! The chair I mentioned was the sweet spot chair, in the way of nothing. Just a different chair in the same spot made a big difference. Most furniture I have owned has made it in and out of my listening rooms over the years.

Edit: I moved every 3 yrs my whole Navy career. That's a lot of rooms to set up.
No worries, my chair is in the same space as well. My apartment is a very small space, so only certain things get moved as one accumulates more 'stuff'.

I know some will say I am crazy, but changing to the “Acme Outlet” made quite a change for me. Cost I’d very reasonable, just do a google search. There is a break in period, but I noticed a difference immediately. Also, if your amp allows power cord change outs, a quality power cord should help. Cullen Cable makes a few models and he makes them all by hand. IMHO

I know some will say I am crazy, but changing to the “Acme Outlet” made quite a change for me. Cost I’d very reasonable, just do a google search. There is a break in period, but I noticed a difference immediately. Also, if your amp allows power cord change outs, a quality power cord should help. Cullen Cable makes a few models and he makes them all by hand. IMHO

Not disagreeing at all. I work on Gas Turbine Generators in ship board engine rooms so I know the importance of quality pwr and signal components (RFI/EMI concerns). As long as you are not paying a premium for "audiophile" being attached to the product.Any quality outlet should achieve the same results.

:beerchug:

Are the Def Techs pulled out from the wall a little bit? The recommendation is 8-10 inches, since they are bipolar. I bet that would make some difference.
Also, I know you said you didn't want to switch out the integrated amp, but you might be pleasantly surprised with how those speakers sound with a higher powered amp.

Back
Top Bottom