Refoam brings back old friends

farr out

just finished putting new surrounds on my rs-1001's. All went well and they sound just as I remember them--very efficient with surprising bass. This was kind of a nostalgiac effort, these were my first set of "real" speakers that I bought when I was about 17 or so. They bring a smile to my face!

farr out,

Welcome to AK and the Infinity forum. Not sure if anyone else has done the same but heh, just in case not :D

This is a really great forum to get involved in...great people all around, as you probably have already sensed.

So you still have those old 1001's from way back eh? I can imagine how it felt to refurbish those woofers and give them a listen again. I have a set of Realistic Optimus 5B's that I've had for a similar time frame. They are hooked up in a bedroom system. The foams are still in "new" condition as they had some kind of black coating on them. I did recoat the mids and tweeter cloth surrounds with a diluted mixture of white tacky glue to reseal them. They are very dear to me and ellicit many fond memories when I see or listen to them. Others may consider them "not so great" speakers, but that's not the point any more is it?

Anyway, enough rambling. How about posting some pics of those Infinities of yours. They may be some nice scores for those roaming the garage sales and auctions. Don't hear too much about them......flying under the radar maybe?

Stick around and enjoy the Karma :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom