Refoaming demonstration

I've got some 10" JBL woogers from a pair of L110a that need to be re-foamed. I've got the surrounds already too.

Actually....... I think I've got two pairs of drivers, but only one set of surrounds. The other set of drivers is from a pair of JBL L110 (no a).

Bring the surrounds and I can do them.
Not sure if JBLs are demonstration material, since they usually take a long time. I can try one out in my sleeping room and then see how long it takes.

Bring the surrounds and I can do them.
Not sure if JBLs are demonstration material, since they usually take a long time. I can try one out in my sleeping room and then see how long it takes.

Do some drivers require more fiddling to get centered or something? I've never done it.

What is your avatar?

I have some Bose 8" drivers I was planning to refoam for my brother in law. They take the slanted down type foam. I'll gladly pay you for the demonstration and I'll even bring a jar of my small clamps if you need them.

If not, no problem I seem to end up foaming 2 or 3 pairs every 90 days anyways.

Do some drivers require more fiddling to get centered or something? I've never done it.

What is your avatar?

It's just that the JBLs sometimes require more precision than I care to demonstrate while people are watching me, it can be quite intense at times.

My avatar is the correct way to hold an Edison cylinder.

i have a couple spare Genesis ~8" woofers that need foams now. doesn't sound like you're too short of volunteers here, but i can always bring those with the replacement foams (which i've yet to seek out, but i'm assuming they're not oddball sizes).

Let's stick with just the amount of people we have now. I might not use all of them for demos, but I can do the rest at some point, maybe when normal people are sleeping.

Make sure you let Grumpy know, that way the demo can be scheduled so folks will know when and where to attend. Also any other pertinent information would be good.

It's just that the JBLs sometimes require more precision than I care to demonstrate while people are watching me, it can be quite intense at times.

I see.

My avatar is the correct way to hold an Edison cylinder.

I figured it had some audio significance, but of course all I see is a toilet paper roll :)

Let's stick with just the amount of people we have now. I might not use all of them for demos, but I can do the rest at some point, maybe when normal people are sleeping.

Will there be any normal people in attendance? :D

Enjoy

Leave yourself some time to enjoy the fest!!

So far:
Mitchell: 1 pair
Eastpoint: 1 pair
VinylRob: 1.5 pairs
Wigwam Jones: 1 pair
Goodwill_Hifi: 2 pairs
jsixis: 1 pair
cdfac: 1 pair

The event is two days, each pair takes about 45 minutes, maybe I could do four demonstrations?

Okay, so there is a chance that I will not have the funds to go... I will post here if that is the case. Sorry to everyone involved...

Each pair is 1 hour, the bill would normally be $255, but I don't want to charge, and it would still leave a lot to be covered.

sorry to hear that! i've notified my friend and EW to see if we can fill your spot and get you off the hook.

Sadly, I'm unable to attend because we can't afford it afterall...
sorry everyone. :(

Sorry to hear this.

sorry to hear that! i've notified my friend and EW to see if we can fill your spot and get you off the hook.

Sorry to hear this.

Chris, if you and Glenn are able to take over, I have a pair of BA 10" passives you can warm up on, since there is no voice coil and no need for centering the cones.:D

i'm sure i can do the passives for you, as long as you don't mind a bit of glue seepage showing up at the cone/surround juncture. if people want to watch, that's cool! i get to pick the background music :) i've done a handful of my own woofers before, but i'm no expert and can't guarantee professional-looking results.

just in case it wasn't clear, my post was referring to Sir.Byrd's financial obligation to our listening room, not his refoaming plans. i wouldn't mind doing those passives, but that's it.

i'm sure i can do the passives for you, as long as you don't mind a bit of glue seepage showing up at the cone/surround juncture. if people want to watch, that's cool! i get to pick the background music :) i've done a handful of my own woofers before, but i'm no expert and can't guarantee professional-looking results.

just in case it wasn't clear, my post was referring to Sir.Byrd's financial obligation to our listening room, not his refoaming plans. i wouldn't mind doing those passives, but that's it.

Well, I must admit I did completely misunderstand your post. I was just offering up some easy to do, low risk Guinea pigs for the refoaming thing. This is a thread about the refoaming demonstration after all. Had no idea there was a shared room thing going on here as well. Hopefully this doesn't mean three members are going to miss it.:yikes:

Back
Top Bottom