Rega RP1 at Magnolia for $133.

PapaVerde

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I stopped by and while they were out around me they did have them in other places, so in case anyone is looking for a nice table. They are also no longer carrying Sonus Faber products and thus selling them very cheap, Venere 2.0 with stands were $1200 for example.

Having had both, I disagree. Sure there are more reviews for it as the 1.5 and 2.5 were released earlier than the 2.0 and 3.0. I think the 2.0 is superior and only bettered by the 3.0 (to me the 2.5 is the weak link in that series). That's not to say the 1.5 isn't a fine speaker, it is and I prefer it to a KEF LS50 for example (too forward for my taste). The 1.5 is easier to drive and excellent, but with a beefy amp the 2.0 is better with a deeper and much more controlled bass. The 2.0 dynamics also sound better in a mid size room where I thought the 1.5 didn't have enough oomph (14x16 room). I do think at closeout prices they are an excellent value.

Last edited:
Right?! No afiliation, just seeing if anybody can score one. The sales guy was surprised too.

Yeah, my wife bought me one at full retail off Amazon in 2011...still using it. I upgraded the belt, mat, and cartridge...works great for me. I do have upgrade-itis, wondering what a better TT would sound like, but I sure enjoy listening to the RP1, and at that price?! No-brainer. I usually recommend and Audio Technica 60 or 120 for a "beginner" but this is a way better deal if anyone can snag one at this price.

Where is this 133 dollar rega? I cant find online and I want one for my basement. I think your pulling our chains.

The guy showed me the screen at Magnolia in San Rafael, CA and their system had them marked at that price. I don't think you'll find it online. It's worth checking out in store, but I make no guarantees as they were out of stock here (or I'd have bought one). Shouldn't have said anything, forget how dramatic and negative AK can be.

The guy showed me the screen at Magnolia in San Rafael, CA and their system had them marked at that price. I don't think you'll find it online. It's worth checking out in store, but I make no guarantees as they were out of stock here (or I'd have bought one). Shouldn't have said anything, forget how dramatic and negative AK can be.

Please don't feel that way towards everyone. We're a good lot, by and large.

I believe they were a regional offering in magnolia stores. Unfortunately I don't remember them ever offered on the East Coast.

Back
Top Bottom