Rek-O-Kut 33/45 to 78/33

b brian

I have a Rek-o-kut with the 33/45 cap-sin and wondering if it it possible to get a 33/78 cap-sin?
Would I need to change the whole motor?
Would the idle wheels work, or are they different diameters?
Thanks

The only way I know for sure to get 33 & 78 in your L-34 is to get the L-37 and swap the motors, pulleys and idlers between the two turntables. You will then have a L34 that plays 33 & 78 and an L37 that plays 33 & 45....

Last edited:
I have a Rek-o-kut with the 33/45 cap-sin and wondering if it it possible to get a 33/78 cap-sin?
Would I need to change the whole motor?
Would the idle wheels work, or are they different diameters?
Thanks

After looking closely at my L-34 and L-37, your questions make more sense to me now.

The idler wheels of the L-34 and L-37 have the same diameter. The 33-1/3 speed motor spindle pulleys on both turntables also have the same diameter. Assuming that both motors have the same spindle length and diameter O.D. that matches the pulley I.D., you could conceivably replace the pulley of the L-34 with a pulley of the L-37 and have 78 rpm on the L-34.

I have never removed a pulley from a Rek-O-Kut motor spindle, I'm sure it could be done but they are made of some sort of fiberous composite material so I would be a little concerned about breaking it.

By the way, what is "cap-sin" ?

Last edited:
You could also have a new pulley machined. I can give you the O.D. of the 78 rpm section of the L-37 pulley. You would have to remove the pulley from your turntable to figure out the I.D.

I read somewhere that the pulley is not a press-on type deal, but rather a bonded material that is machined after it's permanently formed on the shaft.

Back
Top Bottom