Remember that 12 year old. He has a new system.

coreyalan15

Insert [Awesomeness] Here
Hi AKers, I'm Corey and I'm twelve years old, my dad is redjr. You may remember me from this.
Anyway I have a new system that uses a few of the same components but has many new components too. Here is the photos link, wouldn't want this to happen.
Here's the system.

Receiver/Power Amp: HH Scott 325R - $30 from a guy in Malta.

Preamp: Adcom GTP-400 - $40 from a local garage sale

Speakers: Technics SB-L95 - $10 from a man in CT + $50 for new drivers

Reel to Reel: Teac 3300 - $80

Tape Deck: Technics RS-B24W - $7.99 at a local Salvation Army

CD Players: Denon DCD-1000 - $30 from the same man in CT
Pioneer PD-F807 100 CD Changer - $13.99 from a Goodwill

Minidisc Deck: Sony MDS-PC3 - $??

Turntable: Garrard 990B with Shure M91ED cartridge - $30

Equalizer: Technics SH-8020 - $20

Leave your thoughts and comments below!
Again the pictures are here
-Corey

You have a reel to reel and I don't, wow, I feel depressed, but good for you though. Nice stuff.

Wow, talk about off to a good start! You'll like that M91E cart, it's better than the M97xE, as I recently discovered. :)

Nice setup. The only suggestion I have is that the turntable may need a better home. You may get feedback on top of that speaker.

Nice set of gear :thmbsp: I wish I had a cool stereo rig like this when I was your age.

You also must be a very early riser or that camera date is off, or you are somewhere in Europe, 'cause it's 07:15 am here on the East Coast and your pictures are dated today :D

If you could get any reel to reel, which one would it be. Price no object.

I wouldn't care, any would work for me. I am not versed well enough to know what is the best one out there, I would take whatever the wind brought my way, lol. Although a Pioneer would be nice, to go with the rest of my setup.

That's a darned nice system, especially for a 12-year old. :music: Keep up the interest, and in a few years, you may well have a system that will put all of ours to shame! :thmbsp:

(...and if not, it won't matter at all; just have a lot of fun listening to the music, because that's why we do this hobby in the first place. :yes:)

Nice setup you have there. I would say none of your gear was available when I was 12.

RtoR and money is no object how about this. Studer D827 MCH Mk II or Doc Bottleheads tape project. The first picture is the Bottlehead setup is dedicated to RtoR recordings. It is playback only and cannot record. The second picture is one of the last Studer decks available that uses tape. I would not even want to know the price of either one of them.

By the time you are my age maybe you can pick one up at a garage sale for $50. :D

Attachments

• BH_08_3.jpg
    BH_08_3.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 96
  • product_D827.jpg
    product_D827.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Wow...not only is that a great system, but you have a separate preamp! I don't have one, and no one I know does. Very impressive!

Very cool Corey! You're a kid after my own heart. I had a really cool high end vintage system when I was your age too (I'm 40 now...). Unfortunately for me my parents thought this stuff was a big waste of time and didn't encourage it at all. Luckily I had other older people around who were hip to it and helped me out by showing me alot of stuff and giving me some cool gear. You should be really grateful that your Pops is so supportive with the hobby. If you love music it'll probably be something you'll be doing even when you're old (like me :D ).

-Greg-

Nice gear you have there. :thmbsp:

Price is no object when their free like this one was. All I had to do was ask. Good luck on your audio journey.

Last edited:
This will give you a laugh...

This is all that's left of the mono system I had when I was 12 (no kidding) there was a TT and a single full range speaker, no cabinet, with it, those dissapeared a very long time ago. A buddy of mine somehow wound up with it and found it in one of his piles of old electronics and returned it to me a few years ago.

Talk about Lo-Fi, LOL, I couldn't believe it survived. :smoke:

Attachments

• DSC01838 (Large).jpg
    DSC01838 (Large).jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC01839 (Large).jpg
    DSC01839 (Large).jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 26
I wish my parents would let me buy some more audio stuff. But no. You already have this, you already have that, you have enough records.

Back
Top Bottom