Remember Those Cute Stylus Timers From Pickering?

NoTransistors

Dual Turntables Super-Restorer
One of the useless things that I always wanted. Ordered one that is NOS, from Germany. Funny how it is getting mailed from Germany, but was made by a company right here in New York.

Last edited:
super old thread, but I just got one, lol. The pst 1 version. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to access the battery to replace it.

I guess that the booklet can be photographed on my phone and sent to you, if needed.

There is a drawer. Grab it with your nails and pull. It will stick if there is a 40-year-old battery inside.

I almost bought one of those several times over the years but never did. I ended up being lazy and thinking, "Nah, I'll just kind of keep track of it in my head."

:D

Doug

So you are the Data character from Star Trek. Yes, I am still up. Am hooked on repeats of Mannix.
Joe Mannix never got to take a decent vacation. As soon as you see him put the fishing rods in the trunk of his car, you know damned well the water pump will fail and the only service station around will be a front for an old mob adversary of Mannix.
He drove a Barracuda if memory serves.
BTW, I used to use a cheap kitchen timer to keep track of stylus hours but there's no point. Generally get tired of the cartridge long before the stylus wears out.

Thanks NoTransisitors, Pictures of the booklet would be great as info on these is seems to be pretty scarce.

Mine doesn't have the little drawer on the side like I've seen on others, but i finally got this open. Opened by removing 'guts' from bottom of shell after a lot of fiddling around.

Inside was the scale, battery/contacts for top 'lens piece', a tiny mercury filled tube and out of place, a 1" machine screw with 3 washers. The screw and washers just fell out so not sure if they served a purpose. Battery appears to be soldered in place and either glued in place or corroded. (goopy opaque amber stuff holding hostage, as opposed to the usual white chalky stuff from leaky alkalines, with a small lead soldered on the side of the battery)

Will try to fix it, not because of any practical purpose, but because my audio ocd can only stand so many non working things in the house, lol.

Might find this helpful... I shared the owners manual and some other related items on VE under Pickering.

It looks kind of cool sitting under the parked tonearm, but after a few months goes onto a shelf in the cave.

Back
Top Bottom