Remote control for a JVC TD-V1010TN deck

bennybee

After so many years I am finally back playing cassette tapes! Being an ex JVC employee, and almost retired I figured I could satisfy my nostalgia and at the same time find an extra hobby by buying a cassete deck. I intended to find a TD-V1050TN (which I couldn't afford back when I worked for JVC), but since these are rarer than hen's teeth, I settled for a nice TD-V1010TN. And a nice one it is : externally it looks like new and everything works well, although it's a pity that aligning the deck on a particular type of tape needs to be done by ear. Without aligning the deck the BASF ChromeSuper cassette did not sound too bad, but far from CD quality (quick and dirty test yesterday...). Perhaps I need to record at a bit higher level too.
Now here is the question : the deck came without its IR remote control, which apparently is also very rare. Any chance that another JVC remote control will work on this deck? Does anyone know of a compatible remote control perhaps?
Thanks a bunch in advance!
Ben

Last edited:
I have a JVC TD-V66 3-head cassette deck. It does not have a IR receiver. There was supposedly a wired remote available that I have never seen. I use my JVC RX-950V receiver's Compu-Link to control the cassette deck. BTW, tapes recorded 28 years ago still sound pretty good!

I'm going to guess that any JVC remote that has tape controls would work. My CD player's remote and receiver's remote both seem to send the same signal.
If you have a universal remote (like Harmony) it can probably send the correct signals.

Coincidentally, I just won an auction of some JVC service manuals. The one for TD-V1010 was included. Too bad you are on the other side of the world. I would send it to you.

Hi redk, thanks for your reply. I have tried a couple of JVC remotes for TV/VCR precisely because they have (video) tape controls on them, one of the remotes is even labeled 'MBR' (Multi Brand Remote), but none of those worked. Maybe I need a remote for audio which includes tape functions. Or one of those giant programmable JVC remotes with LCD touch screen, but without the original remote of the deck, how do you program those?
BTW, I'm willing to pay for the service manual if the shipping cost is not too high.

My JVC remotes are not programmable. They only control JVC stuff. The ones that work with cassette decks are the ones that came with audio receivers. They can control the receiver, TV, VCR, DAT, CD, PHONO and cassette tape. I'll have to check into postage if you need the manual.

Man, I just looked up prices. Very expensive. Unless I am not doing it right. What prices do you see?

Indeed, ridiculous high prices. I think I'll stick to the downloaded version of the SM for now.
Thanks anyway.

Model:
28lge91.jpg

Thanks, I had already downloaded the SM from the HifiEngine website. I doubt the remote can still be found as a 'part' anywhere though, but it is always good to have the part number, just in case...

If there is something in the downloaded manual that you cannot see good enough, let me know, and I can scan the parts you need.

Great! Thank you, redk. I hope I don't need to use the SM anytime soon ;). The former owner replaced the two capacitors on the
motor print, and the pinch rollers still look good. I also popped the top cover off (what a machine!) to check the belts and they look good too, so I should hopefully be OK for a while.

No, but I located the original one on a Japanese auction site and bought that. It was advertised as 'junk' because untested, but it worked well. You will need google translate ...

Back
Top Bottom