Remote mount filter caps?

loweran

Anyone ever remote mount filters? I bought the same diameter filters for my SA-7500II so I can't stuff them. They will not mate up to the board? These mount in brackets to the back side of the heat sink. Could I wire them to the board with wire and mount them in place?

I guess it’s kind of a dumb question. Not sure what wire to use. Should I get high voltage hookup wire or just what I have, 16ga stranded. It says it’s rated for 60v.

Last edited:
60V is all they will see, max if you got caps the same as what is in there.
Sure you can remote them. maybe just upside down and wire in the connections.
Or should I wait for your SX-737 mentor to drop in and give you the all clear.

No no. I’ll take your advise. He did teach me to solder, I mean really solder! Nice guy, sent me lots of stuff.

I got 12000uf 63v caps. I can pick up better rated wire if it’s safer. They will wire up in the original mounts since they are shorter.

Hard to believe how many of these I’ve done now and still don’t know shit.

DUMB is :no:NOT ASKING:crazy: the QUESTIONS. The more questions you ask the more it sinks in. Plus it keeps the rest of us on our toes trying to figure out where you're heading next!;)

Go ahead and remote mount them. 16ga wire is fine. Personally I'd use a 300v rated wire just for the overhead protection. Standard 16ga hookup wire is fine.

loweran,
Here's what I did with my 7500 II filter caps.recap.jpg

Got it done. Got some 14AWG solid 300v wire. Back to my recap thread. I have issues of course.

Thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom