Removing 4230 P700 amplifier board - how to?

Rezistor

I have done some basic tube amp repair, but....
Removing this p700 from the 4230 looks a bit intimidating. I need to replace the 3W 47ohm R759, 760, 761 and 762. Do I cut the jumpers from the circuit board to the heat sink to allow removal or is there a better way?
Thanks in advance!

The correct way is to heat the bottom side and remove the pin with the wire still attached. :)

If the board has wires going to the output transistors, As you may ? be asking, the best bet is to pull the outputs and that will let the transistor connectors separate from the sink without having to bend or cut them. do your work and reinstall them with new compound.

The correct way is to heat the bottom side and remove the pin with the wire still attached. :)

If the board has wires going to the output transistors, As you may ? be asking, the best bet is to pull the outputs and that will let the transistor connectors separate from the sink without having to bend or cut them. do your work and reinstall them with new compound.

aha...thank you...can do that...will be replacing the outputs while I am there as well as the drivers and the aforementioned 3w resistors, two of which are toasted.

I appreciate the direction...

Outputs are soldered on this one, to220's so you can't pull them. IIRC I used tip41c's to repair the one I had.

Outputs are soldered on this one, to220's so you can't pull them. IIRC I used tip41c's to repair the one I had.
yes. they are soldered...this stacked P700 / heatsink combo will be a challenge. thanks for the tip on the outputs...pun intended.

Less the soldered outputs, it's not much different than most Marantz units - except for units that had pluggable boards like the 4400.

was hoping to not have to remove all those jumpers from the board, but there appears to be no way to wiggle that board out of the chassis to remove the pieces parts...thank you for the response...

what did you do with the thick grounding cable running across the bottom? ( Marantz 4240) if the 4230 had one...
I'm currently starting the right amp rebuild myself.
I replaced the main 2 caps with 10000uf 60v Elna's, audio grade, expensive items.

Back
Top Bottom