Removing cr2020 and cr1020 tuning knobs....how?

XplicitActs

I've had a cr1020 for a few years now and I'm starting to get some scratchiness in the volume knob. Not a concern of mine. Deoxit. As of this week i have picked up a pretty dirty cr2020 that I want to clean up, but I've noticed that all of the knobs remove really easy except the tuning knob. I went and checked my cr1020 and the same issue. Do these knobs not simply pull off? I see no Allen set screw. Is this something I wil discover when the good comes off?

Just prepping myself when I do in fact have the time to dive seller into this cleaning.

Thanks for any input.

Some Yamahas have a set screw behind the faceplate accessible from the side of the unit. Don't know this unit exactly but someone does. But check that option.

Some Yamahas have a set screw behind the faceplate accessible from the side of the unit.

yes ! that's the case for this CR serial

Got it guys.....as I had suspected the tuning string is broke....luckily it is still mostly threaded through the spools.

anyone know a good place to source a replacement?

Got it guys.....as I had suspected the tuning string is broke....luckily it is still mostly threaded through the spools.

anyone know a good place to source a replacement?

I bought mine from Bob’s Antique Radios several years ago. Looked and he still carries it. No idea how price competitive it is vs other places, but I probably researched it at the time.

I bought mine from Bob’s Antique Radios several years ago. Looked and he still carries it. No idea how price competitive it is vs other places, but I probably researched it at the time.
Are you talking guys about replacement for the tuning string?
I used quality braided fishing string. They list thickness.

Cabella's or Bass Pro Braided Dacron.Maybe even Walmart.

Back
Top Bottom