Removing or stucking btl

bigmic63

Hello,
if I want to plug in 4 speakers (2x4Ohm, 2x8Ohm), have i to remove the btl or stuck them? Its a Toshiba SA 504.

Thanks
Michael

Bild 1.jpg

Bild 2.jpg

It's a quad receiver I think.
And BTL is some way of regulating power output.
The lower picture shows switches/plugs that are to be pushed in or pulled out depending on the speakers used. Maybe.
OP has 4 and 8 ohm speakers which is not a specified pairing on the label.

I think that's what is going on.

Sorry, I think I mixed things up.
The bridges seen in the first picture are between pre and main. It's for equalzer for ex.
BTL is on the chart of the second picture and it refers to the speaker terminals where you can change between 2 and 4 speakers each terminal. BTL mean 2 speakers per terminal. If I have 4 speakers x4 Ohms, I can use only one terminal and I have to push the plug to 4 speakers. If I push the plug to two speakers its BTL and I can connect only two speakers with 8 Ohms each.
With stuck I mean the opposite of remove.
Sorry, I'm german.

Last edited:
BTL means 'bridge tied load'. It is a four channel amp and you can operate it as a more powerful 2 channel amp in BTL mode.

It cannot safely run four speakers in BTL mode- the minimum impednace for BTL mode is 8ohm.

You can not use the two sets of speakers on the A and B circuit and play them both at the same time in the BTL mode because the speakers, 4Ω and 8Ω, will give a load of less than 3Ω, you need to leave the unit in 4 channel mode and hook up one set of speakers to front and one set of speakers to rear.

Both connected to front will not work, both connected to rear will not work. And as stated above connecting to A and B and using A and B in BTL will not work. All will cause problems with the amp.

You can try to hook up one set to FRONT A and the other set to REAR B and be able to select one pair or the other with the speaker switch and you could run with A and B to listen to both. This is in 4SPKR mode. Don't use BTL with both pair of speakers playing at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom