Removing the AM-FM circuit from main board AV-receiver improve the sound??

DVjorge

Hi all,
Just reading some Denon 3802 AV-receiver reviews, I found one guy who removed the AM-FM circuit from the main board claiming a huge improve in sound quality ?? I really can not find any technical explanation for this and would like to know what do you think. Thanks Here is the review: I have this 3802 receiver for about 8 months and it sounds good. While playing my CDs(via digital input) and SACDs(via analog input), I cannot stop thinking that something is missing from the sound. To fix it, I have bought a separate amp, PS AUDIO HCA-2, to drive my main speakers, which is the KEF 65.2. It helped bring out more of the details, but still something was still missing. While trying to identify the hum coming from the 3802 with the HCA-2 amp, I have found this tweak by accident. By removing the FM/AM circuit board from the main board, the sound improved a great deal. Everything sound a whole lot better...bass, midrange, soundstage, etc... It was amazing! Now the amp has moved from good to excellent. Try it and you will be also be amazed!

I found one guy who removed the AM-FM circuit from the main board claiming a huge improve in sound quality
It is possible the tuner is generating noise.
Might have been easier to just open the power supply connections to the tuner pcb.

The tuner is a daughter card and simply detaches from its single dedicated connector on the unit's motherboard in no time flat. Removal has the advantage of being simple, obvious, and easily and immediately reversible. I make no comment regarding the "improvement" resulting from tuner removal.

Back
Top Bottom