Ren 80's Heads up

Cheap shipping too ($85 anywhere in conUS). Low price is probably due to cabinet condition, but it's still a great deal. And I don't see how they can't be losing money on shipping.

Cheap shipping too ($85 anywhere in conUS). Low price is probably due to cabinet condition, but it's still a great deal. And I don't see how they can't be losing money on shipping.
They are cheap, best thing is the drivers are in excellent cond, If I got them I'd strip them down and do them in a dark cherry color, funny a couple of weeks ago they had a pair of Kappa 8's for sale for $1500, I don't think they know that the rens were infinitys next better line of speakers.

That's a great price with shipping. Had I not bought the QLS I'd be on these already. I really regret selling my other pairs. That flat rate shipping is a killer deal.

Interesting as that seller lists lots of mid fi or higher gear, and I don't think I've ever seen anything from them with a "bargain" price.

I passed up a pair locally last year. Only reason I passed on them was I already have Ren 90's and Rs2b's.
They were in mint condition and the original owner had all the paperwork/brochure and was only asking $500...a steal of a deal.

Wow that is a very good deal .. At first I thought sure they meant 85 shipping per speaker .. To get those in the door under 1k is very tempting .. I just don't have space for them .. Just a curiousity question . How would you think they would work with my current setup in terms of power they need .
Mine doesn't make great sense but I have biamp .. NAD 720 bee 50 watt receiver ( "high current ") on mid tweet / Adcom 545 on bass .. ??

Wow that is a very good deal .. At first I thought sure they meant 85 shipping per speaker .. To get those in the door under 1k is very tempting .. I just don't have space for them .. Just a curiousity question . How would you think they would work with my current setup in terms of power they need .
Mine doesn't make great sense but I have biamp .. NAD 720 bee 50 watt receiver ( "high current ") on mid tweet / Adcom 545 on bass .. ??
All depends on how loud you play them, I'm driving my k9's with an adcom gfa 535 and it sounds pretty good but I listen near field at low volumes, I'm surprised they're not gone yet, If I didn't have so many infinity's I would have snatched them up a long time ago, the ren 80 is an incredible speaker and a steal at that price, you would probably have to spend 7 to 10k new to best them, if you feel you need a little more bass add a sub and you will have an awesome full range speaker system.

Last edited:
Cheaper yet on their website along with a list of blemishes, rated 6/10 cosmetics which might explain the asking price.

NOTE--a while ago I posted an ebay auction number about a batch of OEM EMIT diaphragms (no link to the actual listing) in this subforum and it got kicked over to $ and cents.
I don't mind rules just wish they were consistent.

Can't believe I didn't see these. These are in my backyard only about 40 minutes away. I am always on that site often I guess not often enough. I looked downstairs to take a look to see if I had room and just not enough space with the K9s down there. They are sounding fantastic with the newer adjustments and rebuilt amp. Upstairs my 8.1s are there. I could put them next to them and have a wall of speakers or something could sit idle. Wish I didn't see this post. Lol. If I was downsizing I would definitely be all over them. They also take trades. Hmm.:rolleyes:

Sorry wasn't me. That was a good deal on them. Didn't have the funds or room this time around. Guess I will just have to listen to the K9s tonight.

+ 1 Bahama .. Couldn't swing them right now ..You have my "sympathy " ( have to go back to those k9s :banana:.) .I enjoyed exploring new music very much 2 day on my 6.1 .. Maybe someday Ren 80 .. Smart buyer to grab them .. could be a long while for similar deal . .( me ) >> :whip: << ( myself ) .

Back
Top Bottom