1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Renkus heinz horn drivers

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by elitopus, Jun 30, 2015.

1. rogerfederer

rogerfederer AK Subscriber Subscriber

i just took delivery of this pair of RH horns and drivers: https://reverb.com/item/6813665-renkus-heinz-ssh-800-horn-ssd-1800-16-driver
    they were both around 12 ohms when i used the MM. however, 1 seems to play at normal volume and the other plays very softly (switched speaker cables and the low volume followed the suspect driver). i have been running them on low volume jazz hoping to wake up the drivers. i guess i need to crack them open. what should i be looking for?

Please register to disable this ad.

2. BillWojo

BillWojo AK Subscriber Subscriber

I have a set of Emilar EC-175-8B drivers that came with my EH-800A horns sitting on the shelf. Does anyone even use these anymore?

BillWojo

3. Leben

Leben AK Subscriber Subscriber

I had a similar problem with some Cetec Gauss drivers a while back. I was able to fix mine by cleaning connections and by tightening a screw inside. Not sure if that is your problem, best of luck!

4. rogerfederer

rogerfederer AK Subscriber Subscriber

bingo! took apart the offending driver and the screen that is at the end of the throat of the driver was loose. re-glued it and now i'm in business! thanks, leben

5. eiraved

eiraved Plane Whisperer Subscriber

I sold a pair to Joe Roberts who snagged them for AKer setup1. He used them to build an Altec speaker. You can check them out at http://jelabs.blogspot.com/.

Who knows, he may be interested in your pair.

jeb98 likes this.