repairing passive radiator.

Bruno_

hello, I am repairing a pioneer 14" passive radiator, it has one large crack that is slightly above the dust cap, on the opposite side of the cone it is missing a 1" piece, i have the piece and i plan on repairing it and reinforcing it with carbon fiber strips.

I also ready about how passive radiators need to be properly balanced, will the added carbon fibers mess up the passive radiators?

thanks for any hep.

I don't think that small weight will unbalance a 14" cone. But you can always balance your fix, adding reinforcements all around.

Be careful with the glue you use. If too much or too liquid, it can wet and warp a bit the cone, visible from the front.

I've heard of people using coffee filters for patching/reinforcing. It's strong, thin, and light.

I don't think that small weight will unbalance a 14" cone. But you can always balance your fix, adding reinforcements all around.

Be careful with the glue you use. If too much or too liquid, it can wet and warp a bit the cone, visible from the front.

thats just what i wanted to hear! the cones are graphite so i think im good on the cone warping.
thanks!

Back
Top Bottom