Repairing stripped teeth on CD changer mechanism?

fastpenguin

Stopped off at a small thrift store last week to see what they had and picked up a Marantz CDC-6R 6 disc CD changer for $5.
It works fine except when trying to load/change CD's from the magazine it makes a bad grinding noise.
I replaced the belt, but the plastic teeth on the plate (whatever it's called) on the side of the changer driven by the gear are worn down/stripped at the beginning of the track (see pictures, sorry for newbie terminology)

I can't find much about this CD changer in the first place, let alone parts on eBay... I understand that this era (1988) Marantz was owned by Philips so I assume there's probably some crossover.

Are there ways to repair the teeth on this piece or do I need to find a replacement?
Does anyone know generally what models or brands might share this part in common?

This changer works with a remote (will buy once this problem is sorted out) which my current JVC does not, so I would like to try and get this thing working.

Thanks!

Attachments

• teeth a.JPG
    teeth a.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 16
  • teeth b.JPG
    teeth b.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 14
  • teeth c.JPG
    teeth c.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 15
Great! Linear gear track, that's a good start. If I can't find a direct replacement, I don't have much to lose trying to find one that matches and cut out the old teeth and glue in a replacement somehow.

Anyone know if this model has much in common/interchangable with other brands/models?

Back
Top Bottom