Replace Kimber 4vs biwire with...?

dbxdx5

That's the question. I've had this set of Kimber 4vs in biwire configuration for around 20 years, and during that period everything else in my system has changed one or more times (see my signature for the current version). I run Mogami 2534 interconnects throughout and am considering going with their 3104 speaker cable. What other options in the under $200 range should I consider?

Stick with Kimber there's no better cable out there, unless you want to spend
a zilloin dollars. I have 8PR you should look into 8VS.

Tube

I would say the same thing, if the Kimber is doing fine for you, why bother to change? Buy some new/more music instead. If you are just after something different possibly, Mogami is a good choice if you like what it does. I think it is a good inexpensive choice.

Stick with Kimber there's no better cable out there, unless you want to spend
a zilloin dollars. I have 8PR you should look into 8VS.

Tube

Good to know. I'll add the 8VS to my list of contenders.

I would say the same thing, if the Kimber is doing fine for you, why bother to change? Buy some new/more music instead. If you are just after something different possibly, Mogami is a good choice if you like what it does. I think it is a good inexpensive choice.

Hey Tim. It's a fair question. The Kimber has been good cable, but could I be getting more out of that link in my system? At one point I couldn't imagine needing or getting more out of a preamp than I had with my Anthem TLP-1, but then I bought the Coda CLX and was floored to discover familiar recordings all over again. So this is less about just making a change than exploring the bounds of my hearing--and my budget. :D

Last edited:
Your system on paper looks good to me and I am sure sounds great. By the way, I too owned a TLP-1 preamp for a few years. Anyway, just don't let those doubts about things sneak in and get you rolling on something that might not need "fixed", always enjoy your music. Oh, and keep an eye out for used cables, can be a nice way to get a taste for what you may be listening for. Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom