Replace Vintage Stock Power Cord And Binding Posts ?

The only good thing I can say about spring clips is when my wife hits the speaker wires with the vacuum cleaner, the wires pull right out of the back of the amp without damage. But, that's my BPC Onkyo. The Sansui stuff deserves better connectors.

The only good thing I can say about spring clips is when my wife hits the speaker wires with the vacuum cleaner, the wires pull right out of the back of the amp without damage. But, that's my BPC Onkyo. The Sansui stuff deserves better connectors.
Again... I would say The Sansui stuff deserves original connectors...
Once again I would say something as example, it is so nice to view Volkswagen Buba after all those years in original shiny condition, than if you see it with 16 valve 1800 ccm modern engine, digital LCD speedometer, low profile tires... and so on...
Who wish to get modern performance or modern audio electronic solutions, I would recommend to get a today audio production.... that vintage audio device, please leave as close to original. Normally, sometime you cant do that, because you cannot find some part what is not at market for more than 30 years, but blue LED G receivers, big gold legs on TU7171, fat AC cord for vintage receivers / amplifiers.... really, that is not nice for me....
And finally, one fresh example....
Now, I am currently restoring one 9090DB Sansui receiver, and someone removed original Alps Volume/Balance potentiometer, and he installed BLUE Alps volume potentiometer (probably he concluded that stock volume pot is not so audiophile and that Blue Alps is) !! By doing that, 9090 doesnt has Loudness function, 9090 doesnt has balance function... and finally he hardly damaged small volume pot board!!!
It was good what I had a new NOS original ALPS volume/balance potentiometer (the last one) and I made an "undo", but lot of work I had to make it good....
Here they are pictures about that (and lot of others)... I am sorry, but language is Croatian...
http://www.sansui-vintage.com/article_info.php?articles_id=14

Last edited:
A 'right click' and selecting 'Translate' solves that problem. ;)

Always great work, an excellent recovery. :thumbsup:
Thanks John!
But I think that works only at Google Chrome, I am using Firefox... And that automated translation is sometime very funny, especially if it is translating something like technical language...

And that automated translation is sometime very funny, especially if it is translating something like technical language...
So true ;) the added benefit of some smiles along the way is always a good thing. :D

Back
Top Bottom