Replacement album covers.

Run a list in a BT WTB ad, with as many vinyl enthusiasts here, you are bound to find several you need.

The worst that could happen is you ran a BT WTB ad and struck out.

Run a list in a BT WTB ad, with as many vinyl enthusiasts here, you are bound to find several you need.

The worst that could happen is you ran a BT WTB ad and struck out.
I'll work up a list and post in a few days. Thanks.

You could post some this evening, and update the post as you find more that you need. You also can edit to show you have sourced those as they are found.

I have pretty much the entire Frank Zappa catalogue on vinyl that I acquired from a friend. He moved back up north from FL, and the truck he rented had a water leak, and it was hurricane season. This one crate of albums was literally sitting on the wheel-well of the truck where the water was getting in, so they got soaked. Of course, this didn't get noticed until two or three weeks after he was getting settled in--so they sat there damp/wet in the crate all that time. He was just going to pitch them all. I took them, cleaned them all and replaced the inner and outer sleeves with plain white covers and printed stickers with all relevant information. Sure--I lost all of the artwork and liner notes, but the vinyl is in great shape (and you don't listen to the covers/sleeves).

I took them, cleaned them all and replaced the inner and outer sleeves with plain white covers and printed stickers with all relevant information.

Wham Bam and its done, seems I'm in the market for a bunch of inner and outer sleeves,
plus a fungus cleaning.

Wham Bam and its done, seems I'm in the market for a bunch of inner and outer sleeves,
plus a fungus cleaning.

YUP--and bundles of 50 or 100 ct sleeves and outer covers aren't really all that expensive. As for the mold/mildew, Sporicidin is the way to go--you can either buy ready-to-use diluted products or get the concentrate. It won't hurt the vinyl--at least it didn't mine, but I followed up with a regular cleaning and rinse cycle as well. I use the concentrate and dilute it, since it is less likely to have any unwanted fragrances and detergents added to it. IIRC, it was about $42 a quart/litre for the concentrate (and diluted, that makes about 15 gallons), or gallon jugs of the ready-to-use were roughly the same price. I have heard of people using bleach cleaners and tons of alcohol, but Sporicidin is the WOC (weapon of choice) for hospitals and commercial food-preparation facilities.

Back
Top Bottom