Replacement capacitors for Harman Kardon PM 660 PCB-10 Power Output P.C. Board

FredHiller

Hello there!
Someone who have tips for replacement capacitors for Harman Kardon PM 660 PCB-10 Power Output P.C. Board?
I have the service manual with the Harman Kardon part no. 5341-109G0958 but I can't find the capacitor with that number on the web.
The Capacitor spec. 63V 10000 microfarad.

Greatful for any tip!

//FredHiller

Hello Fred!

Ask your question in the appropriate forum! (General Audio Discussion / Solid State...)

Good Luck!

:)

Hi there, welcome.
You don't need that exact part.
Any good cap with these ratings will do, but you might as well use one meant for audio, like say a Nichicon KG series.
Don't shop on eBay, too many fakes.
Use suppliers like mouser, digikey, partsconnexion.....if in Europe hificollective in the uk.
A modern cap will often be much smaller, I like using ones with the same diameter as the originals.
You can go up a bit in capacity and also in voltage rating, that way you have more chances to find the proper size.

Now, are you changing just these out or other ones as well ? And what is the problem with the amp now ?

Good luck !

Hi there, welcome.
You don't need that exact part.
Any good cap with these ratings will do, but you might as well use one meant for audio, like say a Nichicon KG series.
Don't shop on eBay, too many fakes.
Use suppliers like mouser, digikey, partsconnexion.....if in Europe hificollective in the uk.
A modern cap will often be much smaller, I like using ones with the same diameter as the originals.
You can go up a bit in capacity and also in voltage rating, that way you have more chances to find the proper size.

Now, are you changing just these out or other ones as well ? And what is the problem with the amp now ?

Good luck !
Hello!
I know that I don't need the exact capacitors, but I got a little confused when the old caps have three legs and the one I found at hificollective with the right specifications only have two legs.
I have not looked so closely yet, but is it possible to use the two legged capacitor instead?

The third leg of the old cap is so that it holds better to the board, it does nothing electrically.(or is a double of another one)
So yes you need a two-legged one. Better get one with the good distance between the two pins so it's a straight fit.

The third leg of the old cap is so that it holds better to the board, it does nothing electrically.(or is a double of another one)
So yes you need a two-legged one. Better get one with the good distance between the two pins so it's a straight fit.
Hello again!
Thank you for your answer. That makes it all much easier. Just order four new caps and get on with it.
I have allready changed some leaking electrolyte capacitors, but now I dicovered that the output divides between right and left channel. I'm not shure it is the capacitors in the power output so advise are welcome.

I have allready cleaned the switches and the boards to get rid of old glue and oxides.
The problem with the amp is that you don't have the same "punch" in the right speaker when you have the balance in neutral.
I switched the speakers to be sure there was no trouble with the right speaker and it was the same problem with the right channel with swithed speakers.

Back
Top Bottom