Replacement for foam inside of turntable suspension springs?

periclimenes

Hello. I'm not sure what the term for the springs or the foam inside is, but I'm working on a Sansui SR-2050 that rides in/on the plinth by way of four springs that have some sort of foam inside. Can anyone point me to a source for a similar type of foam to put back inside? Here's a link to a photo (sorry. I can't figure out how to get it to embed): http://imgur.com/a/NL1it

Thanks!

Greetings;
Get some 'memory foam' like you have in mattresses? works great. I have an Empire 598 gold with 'sluggish' springs and that took the 'over play' or what ever you call it, made it stable.. Not saying cut mama's mattress open but worth thinking about if you can sew it back up. :D cut pieces about size of a nickle or little over the inner spring size and length. it's not so much the up down gravity but all the lateral movement, too. doesn't take much material at all, might steal some from some bed store sample :D
bink

Working on the same model,the foam has turned to a goo and has bonded to the springs and pillars.
Have tried to dissolve this stuff with Turpentine Substitute(White Spirit)to no avail,any suggestions?

^^^ try 91%rubbing alcohol, it's da bomb for cleaning off tape deck belts turned to goo. I used bits of the aforementioned egg crate foam on a couple Elac idler drive tables, it's virtually identical with what the factory used.

You carn't easily buy that over the counter here,too many DIY drug labs,
An overnight soaking in turps did help.
Thanks for your reply.

Can you get denatured ethyl alcohol? Not sure what other term they might use for it, but here its just booze with something in it that makes you sick so it doesn't get taxed like vodka.

here "meths" are what get made with various chemicals :) Or the folks who consume it, depending on the context.

either way it works nicely as a solvent too.

Back
Top Bottom