Replacement MC30 Terminal Barrier Blocks

Greg Aker

I've started a restoration on a pair of MC30s in terrible cosmetic condition. http://gregi.am/e76d39db65ac

In addition to new stickers, a pair of new chassis on on the way. I've spent time this weekend stripping and painting the transformers. I'm extremely happy that they are not dented and are looking great.

Anyway, the two are about 5k off in serial numbers, so one has the old style terminal strip, and the other has the black barrier strip. I see some new ones made by Cinch and/or Molex, but I'm having a tough time figuring out what to order. It looks like I need a double row, and then replace a row of screws with the terminals that go inside the amp. Can anyone point me in the right direction on what to purchase?

Thanks!

Hi, same, I have a couple of MC30's and my dad and I doing a full restoration. Buying parts. Where do you source these blocks? I placed one order already, they fit great but I neglected to notice on the data sheet that there's no connection on the back of the block to solder to. It's solid. If you have a part number or a place to source these, that would be great.

Thanks,
Mel

FYI, the speaker terminal strips for the MC30 are Cinch number 7-141Y. The Y is important as that designates the rear solder terminals. They are available new but only from a few sources that I found.

Back
Top Bottom