Replacement or substitute for 2SK163?

leesonic

Captured on security camera...
Subscriber
Does anyone have any idea of a replacement or substitute for the FET 2SK163? I did read this thread here, but could find no mention of the 2SK163. Or where to get some?

Littlediode has them, although curiously listed as a "Transistor Silicon NPN" when it's really an N-channel FET. There's eBay of course, but they are probably all counterfeit.

Lee.

Do you need an IDSS matched pair or just a single JFET?
The 2sk170 will work, some audio designs substituted the 2SK170 when the K163's went out of production. Make sure you get the correct IDSS grade.

Jim's Audio on Ebay may be a trustworthy source, but its still China.

Being an input to a phono stage the low noise SK170 would be good choice if you cannot find another SK163. If you could look at it to see what grading the SK163 is (the first letter in the 2nd row).
Linear Systems makes a replacement for the 2SK170 called the LSK170. DIYAUDIO sells them in their store, but only in batches of 8 and they're pricey.
There is an Ebay seller from Israel with the seller name Alweit that was selling 2SK170BL matched pairs a while back. I bought several from him as well as many other DIYAUDIO folks, all were genuine that I received, based on curve traces and Vp. Many other folks have vouched for his parts as well. He's still selling Toshiba JFET's but not the SK170 pairs. You don't need matched pairs so you might contact him to see if he could sell you some unmatched pairs of SK170's.

Back
Top Bottom