Replacement plinth for Pioneer PL-540?

blackbird68

Thinking about replacing the plinth on my tt but was curious if anyone has done this before and has any advice? See a lot of nice custom ones out there for this tt and would like to do something similar.

If you have the tools and the skills why not.

If you are like me, some tools and limited skills, just remove the crappy vinyl from the plinth using a heat gun and paint scraper/razors and replace it with veneer? I bought the veneer online and used the iron method with titebond 2 glue.

DSC_0036.JPG

KC

If you have the tools and the skills why not.

If you are like me, some tools and limited skills, just remove the crappy vinyl from the plinth using a heat gun and paint scraper/razors and replace it with veneer? I bought the veneer online and used the iron method with titebond 2 glue.

View attachment 1256641

KC

That looks really good! Was it pretty straightforward to remove the components? Any challenges you found when doing that?

That looks really good! Was it pretty straightforward to remove the components? Any challenges you found when doing that?

It was pretty easy overall. All of the parts unscrew and the tonearm board can be pulled through the hole in the plinth once you remove the platter and the metal cover underneath it.

Back
Top Bottom