Replacing belts on CD-x711

SteveA

Last week my CD-x711 started to have trouble closing its drawer. Sometimes it would work OK but mostly it started to need a tap to get it to start closing. I remembered reading about the same problem on the "Best of Sansui" pages where the belts were identified as the culprit for this behaviour

Lying in bed Saturday morning decided to take it apart for a look. I removed both belts and went off to an engineering supplies shop where they sell rubber O-rings. Size of both belts was measured as #-032 (if that helps). Purchased two O-rings of similar cross section to original bands (about 1.5mm). By Saturday lunchtime deck was back in action with new belts for draw and laser assembly lifting. O-rings worked perfectly.

Steve

My CD-X701i also has had trouble closing its drawer once but it's another problem.

The drawer simply sticked to the 'open/close' knob and wouldn't fully close, and it took several trials of reopening and reclosing the tray before it would close properly again without sticking anymore.

This only has occured once though.
I also have a CD-X501i, and on that one, appearently they left some space (few millimeters) left between the tray and that open/close button.

Congratulations on your fix! (many people would've throwed it to the bin in your case)

Congratulations on your fix! (many people would've throwed it to the bin in your case) [/B]

You would have to be a mug to biff a machine when the fix was that easy.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom