Replacing indicator lamps on a Pioneer SX-737?

vulturon

Hi folks, my SX-737 is opened up and I replaced the seven fuse lamps with LEDs. No issues there. I also have LED bulbs to replace the indicator lamps, but I'm not certain about the best approach. To do this, it appears I'd have to unwrap the existing indicator bulb wires from the pins (where they were wrapped tightly with a special tool instead of soldering), and then solder on the leads of the new bulbs. Is it better to just snip the existing wires and solder them to the leads of my new LED bulbs, thereby keeping the wrapping intact on the pins?

ive done it both ways. the splicing method i used when it becomes a real problem accessing the termination.if you look closely at the old bulb wires you will see that they are stranded wire that has been tinned then wrapped. you could do the same thing with your led's if you have a wrapping tool. but yes by all means remove the old wrap whatever you decide to do.

I snipped out the original lamps and spliced in to the existing wires (soldered and covered with heatshrink tubing). Worked great, looks good too.

Back
Top Bottom