Replacing Infinity Column II feet

luminophor

Has anyone ever replaced their Infinity Column II feet? I'm in the middle of a restoration on a pair that were stored in a garage for twenty years, and a couple of the particle board feet are dissolving on the edges, making the speakers kind of unsteady.

I can't tell if the feet are built into the cabinet itself, or just into the bottom portion of the frame, that holds the down firing woofer, and I'm not sure what the best way to proceed with removing and replacing them is. I wanted to remove the feet and replace them with four adjustable height feet, but not knowing how much material there is to screw into or what part of the cabinet will be bearing the load, I'm not sure if that would work.

So far my best idea is to build a little frame around the feet, with stronger wood, to brace them up. Has anyone replaced the feet on their cabs? Do you have a better suggestion for me?

Thanks!

I did not have to replace anything as I was very fortunate to find a minty pair for a fair price. They are complete with the glass tops, all original drivers, and grills. I did post a thread about them.
So I can't help much, but here's a photo of the bottom before the refoam.
Also for speaker who's drivers don't look all that impressive, these sure put out a wonderful sound with terrific bass. Well worth the restore.

IMG_2365.jpg

Back
Top Bottom