Replacing TT leads

parman

Music Junkie
I have 2 TT's connected to a single Yamaha integrated. I want to relocate them to another shelf but I can't get both tables close enough to the amp to use the factory cables. Both tables have about 24in cables. Can I swap out one of the TT cables with some 36 or even 48 inchers?

I have 2 TT's connected to a single Yamaha integrated. I want to relocate them to another shelf but I can't get both tables close enough to the amp to use the factory cables. Both tables have about 24in cables. Can I swap out one of the TT cables with some 36 or even 48 inchers?

You can but the sound quality may be compromised.

You may also want to investigate getting low capacitance cables for TT use, the signal is so low that it can be easy to lose it by using the wrong cable.

You may also want to investigate getting low capacitance cables for TT use, the signal is so low that it can be easy to lose it by using the wrong cable.
Would these be cables with RCA jacks on them or cable I would put jacks on? Can I get it from any of the usual electronic online stores??

Would these be cables with RCA jacks on them or cable I would put jacks on? Can I get it from any of the usual electronic online stores?
Im looking at myself currently to redo the leads on a Pioneer PL-600. Apparently AV RCA leads for video are low impedance and better for this application.

I replaced my cables on an old Kenwood with video cables - 4 feet. Sound is really good..

However, I believe anything over about 4 feet it may be best to use a phono preamp at the turntable, with regular RCA cables between phono preamp and amplifier.

Long phono cables, even low capacitance, can affect the sound quality. The signal out of a cartridge is really, really low....

Just got back home today and I'm going to look into my box of video cables later. I think there are some long ones in there

Back
Top Bottom