Requesting Input from Forum Members. Report here.

Discussion in 'AK New Format' started by goat67, Feb 9, 2016.

1. goat67

goat67 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Hello All

Grumpy asked for volunteers to summarize the issues and concerns of the Members regarding using Audiokarma after the conversion.

So a few of us went thru and recorded what we could of the issues people posted.

Now here is you chance to be heard, just use the link below to fill out a form to let us know what concerns you have. You can submit more than one issue but please do not post the same issue more than once.

After we get this info we can use it to prioritize what to look at next.
    http://goo.gl/forms/QsjaXrJDaI

Thanks in advance for the input.

Dude111, ETLS and olson_jr like this.
  2. EchoWars

EchoWars Hiding in Honduras

Tossed a couple out there.

Now...how about a nice welcome page for AK? Someone get creative!

radioactive and ETLS like this.
  3. radioactive

radioactive tube gear fanatic

i second the homepage idea

Djcoolray and axelXkane like this.
  4. zebra03

zebra03 All Audio - NO BS

My pictures ?

5. EchoWars

EchoWars Hiding in Honduras

AFAICT, the pics hosted by AK survived just fine...but many those hosted elsewhere don't display properly till the link is re-edited. Dunno why, and I've had to redo a bunch of old links.

6. Renegade

Renegade Well-Known Member

Seems a lot of members use other sites for their images,,,,, imagehost.com,,,,, or whatever. That's where most of the broken link issues come in. I think hold posts that had images in them instead of links to images came thru the conversion pretty well,,,,,,,, as one would expect.

JR DePlateau likes this.
  7. goat67

I appreciate the replies but please submit an issue via the form for it to be included in the results.

Wildcat likes this.
  8. Northwinds

Northwinds Huh? Turn what down? Subscriber

It's unfortunate that the survey does not allow for multiple choices

Editing thread titles and being able to delete posts in BST by subscribers really needs to come back

Quadman2 and parman like this.
  9. try1256

try1256 Super Member

The pictures I had in AK albums disappeared.

10. Wildcat

Wildcat Spring ain't here... Subscriber

A single entry for each issue ends up being more helpful in the end. It will help the guys categorize different items separately.

11. goat67

You can submit more than once to get all your issues included as it is now you have not recorded anything.

12. Northwinds

Northwinds Huh? Turn what down? Subscriber

Ok thanks, I will do it a little later today

13. goat67

Please use the form to submit an issue

14. Wildcat

Wildcat Spring ain't here... Subscriber

Cool. I didn't mean to single you out there, but the idea is that by grouping single issues together, it gives Grumpy and crew an idea of how many issues AK has in total, and how many are requesting a fix (whether it's a missing feature, a missing function, etc.). And in some cases, a missing function could be a usergroup issue vs. something that requires a configuration change or an add-on. I had the form idea originally (I based it on my own tech support practices), but @goat67 ran with it and made it more suitable to AK's situation.

The cool part is, it all ends up in a spreadsheet, meaning Grumpy could click on a column and sort by those multiple choices to group things together. It's powered by Google Forms, which is available for free to anyone who has a Google account. Cool stuff!

15. try1256

try1256 Super Member

Sorry about that. Form submitted.

olson_jr likes this.
  16. goat67

No need to apologize I just wanted your input to be recorded.

17. cubiclecrush

cubiclecrush Well-Known Member

This should be a sticky...

olson_jr likes this.
  18. goat67

Get your issues / wants included. Grumpy needs this to prioritize what work to do.

19. Watthour

Watthour Electron Rancher - JS3600

Does the XenForo package include a method to flag/mark threads as "Complete" or some other means of indicating the original poster has achieved resolution? This could be very convenient in the manufacturers' forums, DIY, and other places where posters request assistance or information. I moderate several other forums, mostly industrial control and automotive, and most of them use the I.B. / V-Bulletin software like AK used to. There is a method to "close" threads, hide threads, mark them as "read" or "moderated" but no utility function which might be used in such a manner. I was curious is XenForo had such an option.

20. jimbofish

jimbofish for TRULY GREAT MUSIC

Submitted a few minor issues.
    Then got to wondering if you have any confidence or assurance that this will be 'the' thread/discussion that will be accepted by the Admins out of the 4000+ messages in 170+ discussions that preceded it. If so, maybe a link to the above Google Doc by Grumpy in the request for volunteers topic would be worthwhile?

Regarding the Google Doc, is there a time limit or deadline to contribute, or is it an on-going process? Are there plans to post at it at some point? Presuming the purpose as a spreadsheet is so that items can be sorted by priority, feasibility, effort, progress, and so on, it seems it would be advantageous for members to know the status of items that may be in the works or simply not possible. It's been suggested several times that a list of known issues was desirable... maybe this is an opportunity for that.