Requesting Input from Forum Members. Report here.

Discussion in 'AK New Format' started by goat67, Feb 9, 2016.

1. JR DePlateau

JR DePlateau New Member

Maybe my name should be changed to "Green", but my troubles with the platform are primarily navigational. I attempted to reply to a post on which a member was offering assistance in the acquisition of a Steurerpimpel for a 1229. My inbox showed activity shortly thereafter, but it appeared to be only that another user had replied to the same post. I AM NOT COMPLAINING, AK HAS BEEN A SUPERB RESOURCE IN FINDING INFORMATION ON VARIOUS VINTAGE COMPONENTS..I AM JUST LOOKING FOR GUIDANCE ON HOW TO INTERACT WITH OTHERS IN A PRODUCTIVE WAY. Are my perceived limitations due to being constrained to a mobile Android device, or does it have more to do with not being a subscriber? AND, HOW DO I SUBSCRIBE?? Thanks in advance, any insight would be greatly appreciated!

2. theophile

theophile Pheasant Plucker. Subscriber

Scroll up to the top of any AK page. Click on the 'Forums' tab. When the page opens go across to the right hand side of the page. Between the panel with your AK information and the 'Members Online Now' there is the red 'Subscribe' button. Click on that and follow the instructions.

JR DePlateau likes this.
  3. JR DePlateau

JR DePlateau New Member

Thanks! Will there be a summary of what being a subscriber entails? I only saw the cost, $20/year. I'd pay that simply to be able to view the seemingly infinite knowledge that's been shared here over the years!! P.S., You're the 2nd "Theophile" I've ever spoken to, the 1st is my first and only child, Theo!

4. theophile

I can't tell you. I guess there would.

This is the only site I subscribe to. AK has some excellent members.

I chose that moniker because my relationship to Our Best Friend is very much on the friendly level. He, for his part is always playing practical jokes on me. I appreciate His sense of humour.

5. JR DePlateau

JR DePlateau New Member

Thanks! I did see that, for $20 per year, I would be a subscriber versus a member. Now, to be clear, I'd pay $20 per year simply to have the access to this seemingly infinite knowledge bank... It has helped me to make informed decisions as to what and what not to do to many things. Is there a list of any possible additional benefits that come along with being a subscriber?. Also, is there a mobile friendly AK app?

6. JR DePlateau

JR DePlateau New Member

Sorry for the repeat reply, I was trying to upload a picture of my quote theophile unquote, but accidentally uploaded a picture of the pond I built in my yard

7. theophile

I've been equated with worse things.

8. theophile

One becomes a member simply by joining AK. Subscription gives the subscriber access to a 'special subscriber section' that is invisible to non-subscribers. plus a few other benefits. here's some more reading:

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....=subscriber&t=post&o=date&g=1&c[title_only]=1

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....ubscription&t=post&o=date&g=1&c[title_only]=1

9. SoCal Sam

SoCal Sam Lunatic Member

:Late to the show... I thought the transition was seamless and a success. The notifications for Inbox and Alerts is a welcome addition and adds to the enjoyment. I have even gotten used to brand forums which came at the expense of Solid State. Tweak if our keepers must but keep things mostly the same.