Restore + Repair Yamaha C-2a & C-80 / M-80

new developments.... so the smoking culprit was not the mode switch... i swear smoke was coming out of hte mode switch though! it was an illusion... while I was observing I saw R552 literally change color and fall off the board!!

I seem to recall Milo having some confusion about this resistor...maybe I put in the wrong value but it wasn't doing this before that I know of

Stumbled across this post looking for wisdom for my issue, here's what I found:

I've spent a few hours with the available paperwork and *think* I have some answers. I'd appreciate if someone could look it over for a second opinion.

The author of the excellent scans @clinic-audio shared had issues with R522/R552 labels.

I believe that the second R522 (there's another R522 off this map) is actually R552 while R552 might be R562 because I can't find R562 anywhere.

My scrambled notes indicate that:
R552 is 330 ohms, which would marry it up to R561
R522 #2 is 15 ohms, which would marry it up with R551

This also satisfies my confusion in this post http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/in...kling-and-popping.764897/page-5#post-11823584

Should this be a new C-2a thread?...we don't have enough of them

As an aside, this thread would be far easier to glean information from if it didn't mix up the M-80 and C-2a.

46498064962_f2013be3b7_b.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Milo, thanks for digging into this.. I wish I could be of more help. I sent my C2A to clinic-audio in September but still have not heard anything back regarding it. I was hoping to have gotten a resolution a long time ago regarding this, and was going to post results when more information was available from him. Trying to be patient but a little worried to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom