Restore + Repair Yamaha C-2a & C-80 / M-80

i got the left channel basically to 0mv ...adjusting the right channel has no affect on the DC stays steady at 37.3v

That 37.3v is rail voltage to the Flatamp just before TP1 in the schematic. Either a transistor is shorted or something is holding TR528 at rail.

Go through step 1 in the alignments. DC power supply voltage adjustment.

there's a clear translucent component i believe is a capacitor is toast. the outer shell is melted and exposed.

i haven't put in my mouser order because i thought there would be potentially more parts i would need after the right channel dropped. i haven't replaced anything.

i haven't put in my mouser order because i thought there would be potentially more parts i would need after the right channel dropped. i haven't replaced anything.
If its what I think it is. Mouser doesn't have it.

it's right next to TR528. should I pull 528 and test it? the two vertical mounted resistors next to it? and the diode?

you can kind of see the area that has melted away the metal part inside is exposed. the two clear capacitors.

Attachments

• DSC_0279[1].JPG
    DSC_0279[1].JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 68
I tested the diode, the two resistors and TR528 and i think everything is good. i will post the readings in a little while i need to eat dinner before the night is gone.

is that single capacitor likely to be the cause of all the problems?

One point of memo... These styrene/polystyrene caps are damaged easily by heat. Even soldering heat to the leads. Use a heatsink when soldering.

Back
Top Bottom