Restorer-John's random HiFi brochure-of-the-day!

restorer-john

Addicted Member
I have a lot of original HiFi brochures, many hundreds. Some my father collected in the 1970s, many I collected in the 1980s and 90s when I was selling gear. They are all in great shape, but they won't last forever.

I'll never part with them, but I figured I could easily share them with you guys.

(if anyone has some scanning tips to get the file size right on the AK upload limit of 1meg, that would be helpful- this one isn't as clear as I'd like, but the original scan is really clear)

So I present my first randomly chosen HiFi Brochure of the day.

The lovely Yamaha NS2000
scan020 (Large).jpg
scan023 (Large).jpg
scan022 (Large).jpg
scan025 (Large).jpg
scan024 (Large).jpg
scan021 (Large).jpg

Fantastic resource, John, enlightening and entertaining, and great idea to post it. Hope you keep it up. Thanks!

I like your thinking — "if the thread gets really long." I'll be a regular subscriber...

I used to love hanging-out at Gold Coast Hi-Fi in Southport.

As an aside I once found myself sitting next to the owner's wife on a coach coming back from Sydney. She was quite attractive. Though nothing happened(dammit) she accepted my invitation to sleep with her head on my shoulder.

As an aside I once found myself sitting next to the owner's wife on a coach coming back from Sydney. She was quite attractive. Though nothing happened(dammit) she accepted my invitation to sleep with her head on my shoulder.

Gayle. She was lovely.

I'm going back over 45 years. Edit Over 35 years. I don't recall her name. Attractive brunette. Lovely soft natured person.

Last edited:
They don't make 'em like they used to. Interpret that however you like
index.php

PS: By chance, I just bought my first-ever Yamaha speakers. Hard to find acoustic-suspension nowadays!

That one seems to be ads from magazines mostly. This thread is the sales brochure. Sure some will be the same but be nice to get this thread going and see what happens. Of course, I'm only a third of the way through that ads thread and maybe it morphed into brochures.

I once found myself sitting next to the owner's wife on a coach coming back from Sydney. She was quite attractive. Though nothing happened(dammit) she accepted my invitation to sleep with her head on my shoulder.
So you liked her husband. She trusted you. But "nothing happened (dammit)". Maybe you're a gentleman. Why does that embarrass you?

Nice idea for a thread!
I don't have any brochures from back in the day but I appreciate everyone posting theirs.

Back
Top Bottom