Restoring a Kenwood KR-9050

I removed the resistor on my installation but I have a current limiting resistor on the LED string.

Does the AM tuner work? If so the power to the tuner is probably ok.

Did you check the antenna board?

try as I might, I cant find any loose connections, odd soldering, etc. It all seems to look fine, but I'm not brave enough to plug it in and test connections with a meter

And its back. The issue had nothing to do with the antenna board, I simply had one LED wired out of parallel. The two right LEDs are brighter because they are pointed out better then the left ones. That happened when i put the case back on. But for now, I'm done messing with it.

Attachments

• 9050.jpg
    9050.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 40
thanks for the help, i appreciate the ideas. I had it recapped and was in a minor panic when i lost the FM trying to relamp it. lol

oh well. all is well that ends well.

I'm glad you finally got that resolved and find yourself with more than enough pieces now. That means I can unbox that 717 and start using it right away, right? Thanks! It matches my tuner...

no one pay beerlegs any attention..

anyway, I havea question about the a/b/c speaker selection. When I have a pair of speakers on a channel only, and I set the selector to a+b the speakers on a channel do not work. Is that because I need speakers on both channels? I havent tried a set of 4 yet (a and b) because I just ahvent had time to arrange it, but thats my next test.

I have 2 KR 9050’s and 5 Kr 9600’s. 1 9050 and 1 9600 are nib. I listen to to 9050 all the time,it’s one of my favorites. I will see if I can see what it looks like underneath. I have a G22000. I like the 9050 better. The G22000 has been on a self for years.
I have a 9050 being completely restored and am having a problem finding parts to fix the function selector for the axillary input. Can anyone help? Don
upload_2020-8-1_11-6-36.jpeg

I have a parts list that I will post when complete.

I saw you got side tracked on this thread with your resto. with other items. Do you have a parts lists for the 9050 you used from mouser/digikey. I have a fully functional 9050 and would love to give it a little TLC . Caps/ problem child transistors and other various gotchas. Also did you by chance replace the relays. and did you update the power switch with a Triac and or relay configuration to reduce current spikes during power ups? Thanks......

@txturbo

I would temporarily disconnect the new lamps and see if the tuner is working.

I think I do have a template for the diffuser. Let me look.

What was the thickness of the Lexan that was used for diffuser? Did you use something thicker than 1/4 inch?

If I remember I made a drawing and took it to a local plastics shop in Austin and they cut it for me to size and put the bevel on it. I drilled the holes for mounting and the LED's.

I will check to see about the parts list. I know that the main filter caps came from Italy..

If I remember I made a drawing and took it to a local plastics shop in Austin and they cut it for me to size and put the bevel on it. I drilled the holes for mounting and the LED's.

I will check to see about the parts list. I know that the main filter caps came from Italy..

Cool that would be helpful. I realize it's been a few years. But if you have any of that leg work documented. that i could use would be helpful. Once I get started on it I can start a new thread and document anything you put together as well as what I find.

I was interested also what relays you used as well as what was the thickness of the lexan. I was assuming 1/4 inch but those holes you had drilled for the 6 5mm LED"s had to be nuts on to have any polycarbonate on either side. And typically that polycarbonate is not exactly 1/4 inch it usually runs on the small side of .250 inches.

I just looked at my Mouser history and I do have a list for the KR-9050 but it may not be complete. I have a lot of caps in stock and I typically just pull what I need.

Anyone maybe got Power Board where relays are, mine is slightly broken:).

Attachments

• K9050_PWR_Board.png
    K9050_PWR_Board.png
    443.3 KB · Views: 11
Anyone maybe got Power Board where relays are, mine is slightly broken:).

what exactly is the question? I’ll take a stab and say at 100% that S1 snd S2 are the two relays on this particular board. If it were me i would do a full rebuild on the power supply and protection circuits. All ecaps, diodes, zeners, bipolars, relays and remove any tants in the area.

Back
Top Bottom