Retrokeeper...signing in.....

retrokeeper

So....where do I begin?...let's see...how did I find this website,well...it all began after finding some audio gear at an estate sale a few years ago.I had already checked out the house for audio gear,had left,but returned when I remembered reading about the ad in the local paper that there was stereo gear listed,and I had forgot to look more closely in other parts of the house.Sure enough,found a nice JVC integrated amp,these very unusual Sony 2-piece speakers with a HUGE woofer,and some other gear.The speakers I knew nothing about,the amplifier I had a sales brochure for.So I went home with my "finds" and searched the internet...and the rest is history.Found this website,and felt right at home talking about audio/video/car stereo and etc.

My love for audio gear goes back to my very early teen years,back in the mid/late 60's,my dad always had some type of stereo,be it cheap,but it had 2 speakers,a turntable,and cassette deck,when they first came out.I was fascinated by all the audio offerings at the time,my parents always knew where to find me when they visited a dept. store,not so much in the toys or sporting gear sections,but in the audio section pestering the sales clerk and playing with the buttons and knobs!!

My very first stereo was a Realistic "Cassanova" Am-Fm Cassette/Recorder stereo,that I bought with my very 1st job I had as a teenager,and that began a series of systems,albeit inexpensive,but once again,2 speakers,a radio,a turntable,and some type of magnetic medium.I have worked at 2 Radio Shack stores,owned a car stereo business for 10 years,and have had many systems throught my life.

When I got married in 1981,I had a low paying job,had just bought a house,and could not afford the gear I wanted,but the brochures for all my "dream gear" were free,and I amassed quite a collection of literature and magazines.I sold of some of brochures a few years back,sure wish I had a scanner back then,so I could have some record of what I had let go,but I did keep alot of my favorite brochures,and have shared them with all of you here on AK,with my "Scan of the Week" that I did for about a year.I posted pages from various brochures, magazine pages,and other audio-related info.I stupidly threw away a TON of audio magazines,boy..was that a big mistake!!

Now....fast-forward to now,I have amassed a HUGE,HUGE collection of audio gear(gear I wanted back then,but could'nt afford),that I love to listen to,tinker with,fix/repair,clean and shine-up.AK has offered an invaluable resource of constant help,friendship,assistance...a place to feel like your at home with a bunch of people who are willing to go out of their way to be helpful and bend-over-backwards to assist in anyway they can to make this website the best place to go for ANYTHING-EVERYTHING AUDIO/VIDEO!!

So..what's in the future you might ask.Soon,hopefully in the fall,I plan to built my ultimate "hobby/mancave/audio repository/a place to call my own" room,36 feet by 20 feet of pure audio,vintage & current videogaming,Lionel trains,tinkering/workshop bliss...you know,a place to have fun and have friends over to.We'll keep you posted.Thanks for reading,and this IS the BEST audio forum around,let's keep it that way,tell your story too!! Rob

Were only a ferry boat ride apart and hope to me you
someday at one of the Northwest Mini-meets,
Thanks for the Intro Rob~
Mark.

So..what's in the future you might ask.Soon,hopefully in the fall,I plan to built my ultimate "hobby/mancave/audio repository/a place to call my own" room,36feet by 20 feet of pure audio,vintage & current videogaming,Lionel trains,tinkering/workshop bliss...you know,a place to have fun and have friends over to.We'll keep you posted.Thanks for reading,and this IS the BEST audio forum around,let's keep it that way,tell your story too!! Rob

Sounds like a little slice of Heaven....
Nice to meet you Rob....

Bill

Hi Rob

I have met this guy, he has a large outbuilding next to his home on Whidbey Island, and it's got literally tons of great vintage gear, some of it very rare.
He hosted a Pacific Northwest AK Minimeet and it was great time, he's a gracious host and a nice guy too...
Casey:thmbsp:

Hey, Retro! :beerchug: I remember the "Scan of the Week"... maybe you ought to bring that back... :scratch2:

:D

Rob, just missed you on line!

Got more 8-tracks to send you- they're already boxed up, too!

Drop me a PM...

I also have met Rob and yes, he is a good man. He is always willing to help out those of us with less knowledge. Thanks Rob. Glad your here!

Rick

Back
Top Bottom