Returning member from Nebraska (and Kansas)...

~Maxx

I AM the Dark Side...
Subscriber
Hope it's not bad form to reintroduce myself. I can't believe it's been over four years since I last posted anything here! Deepest apologies for not supporting the site in that time. Life got really busy for a while there, and I pretty much had to put audio on the back-burner. The kids are a bit older now, though. And we transplanted to a bigger homestead last year. I've got a decent spot in the basement now where I can sit and enjoy music when I have time. Been tinkering here and there over the winter, and I think I've officially got the bug again. Ahh... But I'm forgetting the reintroduction...

So I'm 42, and have spent most of my life here in Lincoln NE. I originally got involved here at AK while living in Manhattan KS after inheriting a turntable from my Pops. It was the device with which I discovered many of my favorite artists as a child, and the members here helped me learn to enjoy it to its potential. I'm mostly a rock and roll fan (no particular era), but also enjoy a smattering of classic metal, and a few of the better-known blues artists. Some of my favorites include (early) Queen, SRV, Buddy Guy, Jim Steinman (Meat Loaf), Extreme, Badlands, and Prince. I have a bit of vinyl that I enjoy when I can (maybe 200 pieces - haven't counted in a while), but I also enjoy my FLAC library, and am just starting to dabble in hi-res audio (though my system doesn't really do it any justice). I don't really have any great equipment worth bragging about. So I won't. :no: :thumbsup:

I also enjoy playing guitar, and can often be found with my band-brothers hammering out our version of original "hard rock" in the Lincoln and Omaha area. I also enjoy fixing up neglected guitars, especially Strats, in my spare time (as if I have time to spare!)

That aside, my wife and two daughters (8 and 4 years old) are what keep me grounded and trucking along in this world.

Thanks for letting me ramble! Feels good to be back!

Rewelcome back after a hiatus of four years.

Startin' to feel that most "ebb and flow" on this site. Total dedication takes too much time away from reality, eh?:)

Once bitten by the Vint bug, you're infected for life.

Take care and have great listeing,

Q

Back
Top Bottom