Reverb ?

Army

Addicted Member
Hi All
I've never heard a reverb unit :eek: So what are they all about? What do they do ? :dunno:

Obivously your not a fan :uzi: Does anybody else have a similar opinion or do some of you like then? :dunno: Why were they produced ? Just a gimmick ? :confused:

Reverb is for instruments, guitars etc., not stereos IMO . You find it on some guitat amps.
It's an effect, like Celt said, it produces and echo or a far away effect.

Go into any Guitar center, hook up a guitar to an amp with reverb and see what it does.

I'm trying to think of a song that uses a lot of reverb in it but can't think of anything right now, maybe some early surfer songs from the early sixties. :dunno:

I say leave it in the recordings if it's in there. I wouldn't put it in my system, but to each his own.

I was wondering what they were? I see a few on ePay. Thanks for clearing that up! Think I'll pass ;) No guitar players around here :D

Virtually every recording released has had reverberation added to it at some time. It is added to increase apparent size, space, and fullness. Reverb is diffenent than echo, but it is understandable that some pedestians don't know the difference. There was a time when people added reverb units to their home stereos, but it died off pretty quick. There were even reverb units for use in cars.

As everyone has said, don't add a reverb to your stereo. That is, unless you LIKE taking creative license with your music.

In addition to the reasons given above reverb units are also used to process the studio audio in Mexican radio stations before it gets delivered to the transmitter. Some Citizen Band radio operators also use a reverb unit in the same way. Why I do not know except in the case of the radio station I guess it helps country identification on shortwave without having to hear the station callsign.

Back
Top Bottom