Revox A77 rewind problem.

Discussion in 'Tape' started by MickeySmile, Sep 11, 2018.

1. MickeySmile

MickeySmile Well-Known Member

I just finished recap on the 2nd Revox A77 mk IV. It had smoke motor caps problem before the recap job.
    Without tape, I press and hold the play button, only the right motor ( take up reel) is spinning. Could someone help me to solve this problem. Thanking in advance for help!

Binh

Please register to disable this ad.

2. tapetech

tapetech Repair Professional

With no tape, what happens when you press rewind?

If nothing, clean the transport relay contacts.

3. MickeySmile

All the relay contacts have been cleaned. With no tape, when I press rewind button no movement on the rewind motor, very slowly move on take up reel motor with the same play direction.

4. tapetech

tapetech Repair Professional

Be sure the "no movement" defect isn't caused by the left brake being engaged. Brake should be released in REW.

Test/clean the reel motor on/off switch. Check that R125 is 1.2K ohms.

If those items are good, you perhaps made a mistake somewhere when you recapped. Check that all wires go where they are supposed to go and that all caps are correct value and have correct polarity.

5. MickeySmile

Problem solved. :banana: I did make a mistake 2 green wires on control board( 1 from motor and 1 from the capacitor for the motor). After swapping them everything work correctly. Thank you Tapetech for advicing me!