Revox A77 won't record

iplagolf

Hello, I completely rebuilt my A77 this past year. New caps and pots. Calibrated it using the Revox service manual. It recorded and played back as it should. I use it mostly for playback, but as I said I have used it to record. Yesterday I recorded some music on it and when I went to play it back the old recording was there but not what I had recorded. It didn't even erase the old recording. The two red buttons by the VU meters were pressed in. The indicator lights in the meters were on. The meters were bouncing. The deck was set for NAB and both record dials were on AUX. It escapes me that a rebuilt machine that was working as it should would suddenly quit recording. I was recording from vinyl. I tried recording from FM and it will record but with a high pitched squeal. I de-maged the tape path prior to recording and did it again after it didn't record. Any ideas before I open it up? Thank you, Fritz

Are all the cards inserted correctly? Please look at the contact of the prints. Possible that a card has loosened in the slot.

Hello, I completely rebuilt my A77 this past year. New caps and pots. Calibrated it using the Revox service manual. It recorded and played back as it should. I use it mostly for playback, but as I said I have used it to record. Yesterday I recorded some music on it and when I went to play it back the old recording was there but not what I had recorded. It didn't even erase the old recording. The two red buttons by the VU meters were pressed in. The indicator lights in the meters were on. The meters were bouncing. The deck was set for NAB and both record dials were on AUX. It escapes me that a rebuilt machine that was working as it should would suddenly quit recording. I was recording from vinyl. I tried recording from FM and it will record but with a high pitched squeal. I de-maged the tape path prior to recording and did it again after it didn't record. Any ideas before I open it up? Thank you, Fritz
Hi, I just experiencing the exact problem. Have you managed to find what causes this? I would very much appreciate some help. Thanks

there is a record setting , if not engaged will not do any recording , lots of people forget to set to record, im one of them.

Back
Top Bottom