I did move the rear clip (and hence the bell position with respect to the shaft) that holds the bell on. I moved it so it sat 1 hole clockwise just to see if that had any effect. Just be ear I could tell it was more unbalanced. I did the spin/stop test as in post 58 and now got an even more unbalanced result confirmed what my ears heard: Top: 30 Left: 14 Bot: 16 Right: 9 I can't feel and 'stick' point, just imbalance. I took the motor apart once again to triple check. All looked good. There was a tiny bit of gunk of the low-friction washer which I cleaned up. Topped the lube as I hadn't gone too heavy on soaking the sponges last time. Nothing I could see out of the ordinary. okay, at this stage I think I'm going to break it in more earnestly and move on with the head and audio alignment. If the 800Hz doesn't down with more use I will come back to the capstan motor.