Revox TT..anyone has experience with it?

WhiteSE

Is Lute Gluten Free??
Subscriber
54297.jpg

A friend of mine got one a few weeks ago - near mint but I can't remember now if it is a 790, 791 or 795...

According to him, it sounds ok, even very good, but is nevertheless slashed to pieces by the TD-124/SME-3009 (or TP-14) he uses... Changing the cart seems to be a true PIA but, unlike the Thorens, it doesn't have rrrumbly-rrrumble coming in the way :D Build quality surely is Revox-like but for a turntable, it feels a little lightweight to me...

You may find a little more here: http://www.thevintageknob.org/THEVAULT/B791/B791.html

I've got the B795. It's a nice table with a few limitations (like, name a table that doesn't have limitations). Anyway, severely warped records, and I mean Pringles warped, are a big problem for this machine. Also, one of its biggest selling points, an ulta low-mass arm, makes cartridge selection very difficult. Plus, changing carts is more than just a PITA, it is a pain in the neck, and a pain in the back. Just an overall pain. Right now, I've got an Audio Technica AT120E in mine, and this is not a good match. My arm/cartridge resonance is at 4Hz or lower and I've lost the motivation of dicking around with swapping out carts to find a good match. If anyone knows a currently produced cartridge that works on this arm, please share.

I've owned a 790 since 1979. Never needed repair, just tech work to change cartridges. There's minor rumble in it now but it still functions well, although it is only used occasionally. Variable speed and a digital speed display are pluses.

Back
Top Bottom