Richard Gray 600s vs Pole Pig

Hello,
I am looking for power conditioner to reduce noise in the system. My friend suggested Richard Gray. I do some searches and find that the 2 models that are in my budget range is :

RGPC 600s and RG Pole Pig.

The 2 units look very much similar to each other. However, due to my ignorance, I don't know the difference between the two.

Could anyone kindly let me know the difference? And which should I buy if I can only buy one?

Also, I have the Monster Power Surge Protector. Can I use it with RG units?

Thank you for your help.

Here are the link to the 2 RG units

http://www.richardgrayspowercompany.com/products/rgpc-600-s/

https://superphonica.com/all-products/power/power-conditioners/richard-grays-pole-pig/

Seems you have the specs there for the 600. A search for Pole Pig at the RG site does not yield any hits, so I wonder if this is a discontinued model? I would ask them if they can provide specs, or maybe the seller. Or, maybe RG themselves can give you a comparison.

Seems you have the specs there for the 600. A search for Pole Pig at the RG site does not yield any hits, so I wonder if this is a discontinued model? I would ask them if they can provide specs, or maybe the seller. Or, maybe RG themselves can give you a comparison.

Pole Pig is a discontinued model. I am sure if I can ask RG about specs of a discontinued product but I will try asking them.

I see some reviews on Internet, they recommend to use both 600s and Pole Pig to create something called "IsoGray" system.

They say:

"The Pole Pig provides a heavy duty isolation transformer that breaks you free from the walls dirty power.

The RGPC 600s is a 6H Inductor with built in noise suppression. It can work parallel to your current setup and provide all its benefits except surge protection if you don't plug the units directly into it."

The 2 underlined expressions sound very similar to me, which confuses me. :)

That's at least halfway into the realm of ad copy rather than actual information. I feel your pain.

Do you need surge protection? I mean yes you do, and if you don't already have it, it should be a priority.

I started reading up on this topic and the first thing I came to was a good sounding article until it said that "some of the expensive AC outlets color the sound" and you should get cryogenically treated outlets for an even better improvement. :rolleyes:

The isolation transformer will provide some filtering and also some spike protection. How that's different from a giant inductor I do not know.

Hopefully someone around here has used one or both and could offer some info.

You might search the web for some articles or reviews on these if you haven't already.

Back
Top Bottom