Richard Gray's Power Co. Opinions

masterlu said:
Here is one that is readily visable.

RGPC 1200s are stacked all across the top of the cabinet. There is an 8" recess & the cabinet is 22' long.
Absolutely beautiful. . . .

cornfeded said:
Absolutely incredible, Ivan. Your passion for this hobby is inspiring.

I imagine you will be the first to get an AP1000; any word yet on when it is expected?

Ed

September :tears:

masterlu said:
Here is one that is readily visable.

RGPC 1200s are stacked all across the top of the cabinet. There is an 8" recess & the cabinet is 22' long.

That is very nice! I don't know how you were able to squeeze thos top ones in. These things weigh a ton. I just installed an RGPC1200 on my system, and I would just like to say THANK YOU to you and everyone else on this forum that sing the praises of this product. At your's and everyone's suggestion I bought this without even doing a demo. I was hoping that I was not expecting to much for my limited system. I am listening as I write this post. It is imo incredible what this does for the sound of the music! It is like taking a blanket off of your speakers! You hear so much more than you ever have before. It makes your system go from silence to startling power in the highs, midrange, and particularly the bass! The bass is like a jack hammer, lots of punch. The bass and midrange is very sharp and defined, without the hiss! It makes the music sound like it is in the room, and not coming from the speakers! Thank You Again to those that recommended this product!:music: :thmbsp:

Richard

glad you enjoy it! I have yet to experience the perceived joys of RGPC, but like you I have read enough and trusted the opinions of others enough to hand over my hard earned cash for the experiment...next year!

Just be sure you are not imagining things psychoacoustically and dont try to convince others that youre not...apparently some have opened these things up and found not electronic components but litres of snake oil in there...:thmbsp:

exracer said:
glad you enjoy it! I have yet to experience the perceived joys of RGPC, but like you I have read enough and trusted the opinions of others enough to hand over my hard earned cash for the experiment...next year!

Just be sure you are not imagining things psychoacoustically and dont try to convince others that youre not...apparently some have opened these things up and found not electronic components but litres of snake oil in there...:thmbsp:

I am not an electrical engineer, everybody's system is different, and all I can say is that on my system there is an audible difference that is very apparent, and well worth the investment to me. It sounds like some of the many listening auditions that I have done at different high end shops over the years. Go and do an audition before purchasing and you decide. As for me, I have no regrets.:thmbsp:
Richard

centralflori said:
I just installed an RGPC1200 on my system--It is imo incredible what this does for the sound of the music! It is like taking a blanket off of your speakers! You hear so much more than you ever have before. It makes your system go from silence to startling power in the highs, midrange, and particularly the bass! The bass is like a jack hammer, lots of punch. The bass and midrange is very sharp and defined, without the hiss! It makes the music sound like it is in the room, and not coming from the speakers!

Richard
.....ain't it the truth?....:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ....even with the worst source I have, cable TV, instruments and voices took on a whole new presence as they were suddenly "right there" in the front soundstage of my mainly McIntosh system....correct, 40 db's of the noise floor received walking papers from a unit that can supply 12,000 watts of instantanious power....the first time I cranked my system to reference level with the 1200 in play using a favorite CD, I literally sat spellbound....all the high dollar speaker wire and high dollar interconnects on the planet rolled up into one, doesn't equal what one RGPC 1200 gives.....

centralflori said:
That is very nice! I don't know how you were able to squeeze thos top ones in. These things weigh a ton. I just installed an RGPC1200 on my system, and I would just like to say THANK YOU to you and everyone else on this forum that sing the praises of this product. At your's and everyone's suggestion I bought this without even doing a demo. I was hoping that I was not expecting to much for my limited system. I am listening as I write this post. It is imo incredible what this does for the sound of the music! It is like taking a blanket off of your speakers! You hear so much more than you ever have before. It makes your system go from silence to startling power in the highs, midrange, and particularly the bass! The bass is like a jack hammer, lots of punch. The bass and midrange is very sharp and defined, without the hiss! It makes the music sound like it is in the room, and not coming from the speakers! Thank You Again to those that recommended this product!:music: :thmbsp:

Richard

The 1200S only weighs 55lbs each, cake compared to a 1201. Glad your enjoying our Reco! Now imagine what 20+ of them can do! :D

masterlu said:
The 1200S only weighs 55lbs each, cake compared to a 1201. Glad your enjoying our Reco! Now imagine what 20+ of them can do! :D

Must be amazing! So if I ever upgrade to monoblocks I'll need to reinforce the floors and rent a fork lift?:D

Richard Gray vs. Isoclean

I'm a firm believer in Richard Gray. My buddy who owns a audio shop in Pittsburgh is thinking of carrying that Isoclean brand. http://www.aaudioimports.com/store/SubCategoryList.asp?catID=38. Has any one tried them? How do they compare to the RGPC. Has anyone used them in Mac gear? Also he is thinking of bring in a company named Lector. Anybody ever listen to Lector gear? http://www.aaudioimports.com/store/SubCategoryList.asp?catID=53

John

MDA1000/MCD1000
3 501's
1 402
MX135,MVP861,
B&W 802D's,HTM2D,SCM1,ASW800
Richard Gray 2 1200C, 1 600S
Synergistic Research APEX interconnects, Precision Reference speaker wire,
Dream State power cords

MA6900
Lipinski 707's
Accustic Arts DAC MK4
Accustic Arts Drive 1 MK2
Richard Gray 400P

JohnThomas said:
I'm a firm believer in Richard Gray. My buddy who owns a audio shop in Pittsburgh is thinking of carrying that Isoclean brand. http://www.aaudioimports.com/store/SubCategoryList.asp?catID=38. Has any one tried them? How do they compare to the RGPC. Has anyone used them in Mac gear? Also he is thinking of bring in a company named Lector. Anybody ever listen to Lector gear? http://www.aaudioimports.com/store/SubCategoryList.asp?catID=53

I think Isoclean are made over here. They are pretty well regarded and very well made although the super shiny copper look may put some people off. I was going to audition them but got to RGPC first and bit the bullet. They are about the same price over here as RGPCs but I gather they are quite expensive in the US?

Ivan,

I think I remember your saying that you didn't think much of the RGPC High Tension power cords. Can you expand on that?

Thanks.

Glen

Anyone looking for power cords that truly work on a budget, check out Guerrilla Audio "The Juice" power cords. 12 guage conductors, high quality wattgate terminations, great stuff! I was blown away at the difference these power cords brought to my digital front end.:thmbsp:

McGlentosh said:
Ivan,

I think I remember your saying that you didn't think much of the RGPC High Tension power cords. Can you expand on that?

Thanks.

Glen

Sure, I had quite a few of them in different lengths. They made little to no difference regardless of the equipment they were connected to. So, back they went...

On the other hand, Wireworld's Silver Electra Power Cords provided the most noticeable improvement of any Power Cord I have ever tried.

They provide a very open & airy soundstage with increased detail, imaging & finesse. Highly resolved sound even at whisper levels. Very clean & pronounced Bass can be expected.

The latest version of these is "5.2" which is relatively flat and very flexible. A huge advantage for many of us dealing with alot of cords. I use them on every component, Sources, DAC's, Pre-amps, Projectors, & Amps.

Another tip, is that if you need 2 meters for example get a 3 or 4 meter cord for increased performance. Just dont coil the excess in a circle. My MC2KW's are using 8 meter cord lengths each. :music:

From Wireworld's site:

"Wireworld power cords are designed to solve a completely different set of problems than audio and video cables. An ideal audio or video cable would pass the entire frequency range without alteration. However, an ideal power cord would pass only the 50Hz or 60Hz AC power, while blocking all other frequencies, to prevent power line noise and harmonics from degrading the sound and imaging quality of the system. Wireworld power cords feature a unique geometric structure and composite insulation materials to maximize inductive and capacitive filtering, effectively absorbing power line noise and damping the electrical resonances that other cords and power conditioners cannot tame. Among the innovations in this design are low-impedance balanced shields, which are closely coupled to the conductors to cancel unwanted energy. The previous generations of Wireworld power cords have received accolades for making consistent improvements in audio and video quality. The Series 5.2 power cords are even more effective and much more flexible than their predecessors, making dramatic improvements in the imaging, dynamic range and resolution of both audio and video components."

masterlu said:
Sure, I had quite a few of them in different lengths. They made little to no difference regardless of the equipment they were connected to. So, back they went...

On the other hand, Wireworld's Silver Electra Power Cords provided the most noticeable improvement of any Power Cord I have ever tried.

They provide a very open & airy soundstage with increased detail, imaging & finesse. Highly resolved sound even at whisper levels. Very clean & pronounced Bass can be expected.

The latest version of these is "5.2" which is relatively flat and very flexible. A huge advantage for many of us dealing with alot of cords. I use them on every component, Sources, DAC's, Pre-amps, Projectors, & Amps.

Another tip, is that if you need 2 meters for example get a 3 or 4 meter cord for increased performance. Just dont coil the excess in a circle. My MC2KW's are using 8 meter cord lengths each. :music:

From Wireworld's site:

"Wireworld power cords are designed to solve a completely different set of problems than audio and video cables. An ideal audio or video cable would pass the entire frequency range without alteration. However, an ideal power cord would pass only the 50Hz or 60Hz AC power, while blocking all other frequencies, to prevent power line noise and harmonics from degrading the sound and imaging quality of the system. Wireworld power cords feature a unique geometric structure and composite insulation materials to maximize inductive and capacitive filtering, effectively absorbing power line noise and damping the electrical resonances that other cords and power conditioners cannot tame. Among the innovations in this design are low-impedance balanced shields, which are closely coupled to the conductors to cancel unwanted energy. The previous generations of Wireworld power cords have received accolades for making consistent improvements in audio and video quality. The Series 5.2 power cords are even more effective and much more flexible than their predecessors, making dramatic improvements in the imaging, dynamic range and resolution of both audio and video components."

Ivan,

Do you know how much a 2 metre Silver Electra Power Cord would cost? :scratch2:

howie

howiebrou said:
Ivan,

Do you know how much a 2 metre Silver Electra Power Cord would cost? :scratch2:

howie

They are expensive, retail in the US for $600. But don't pay retail though!

Back
Top Bottom