RichPA's main system

One of the greatest things about AK is the member's pictures of their listening spaces.

Outstanding, sir. Thanks for posting.

Aye carumba!!! Our host yesterday for the June SMAC has those same speakers!!! All I heard on it was some reggae dub vinyl Rob was spinning, but they sounded pretty nice. :yes:

Looks like a great place Rich. :yes:

Nice! I bet it sounds very engaging?

If you have problems with reflections from those windows you can try some of those accordion type pull down shades. They worked very well for me. They are semi transparent and still let lots of light in.

Nice! I bet it sounds very engaging?

If you have problems with reflections from those windows you can try some of those accordion type pull down shades. They worked very well for me. They are semi transparent and still let lots of light in.

Yes, it does sound engaging :) It may be hard to tell from the pictures, but on the window side, the bass trap and acoustic panel are at the first reflection point for the right-hand speaker.

Thanks, everybody, for the nice comments. Anybody who wants to visit and hear the setup is welcome.

Extremely nice. Good use of acoustic treatments too. Love to hear it - just how "centrally isolated" are you? :)

Things have changed, and it's about time for an update. The system, and the gas stove, have been updated, and the room has been re-oriented 90 degrees

System is now:

Sources: VortexBox server > Wyred4Sound 96kHz modified Sonos Connect; Pro-Ject Tuner Box, Bel Canto CD-2, main L/R channels from Yamaha RX-V667 HT receiver (used about once every 2 months)

DAC: Benchmark DAC2-HGC

Amplification: Wyred4Sound STP-SE preamp, Wyred4Sound mAmps

Room Correction EQ: DSpeaker Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual-Core with ULN-2 linear power supply

Speakers: Newform Research R645v3 with upgraded external crossovers; Hsu ULS-15 subwoofer

All cables are Analysis Plus copper

Currently enjoying the best sound I've ever achieved. I think I've posted about each of the upgraded pieces separately somewhere here.

A few pics:

Lovely setup! I'll bet it sounds great too.

Very Nice!! What kind of CD racks are those? They look like they can hold a lot discs.

Always wanted a spiral staircase.

I'd love to hear your speakers Rich. They seem to be one of the more rare and unusual speakers on AK. Are their any other AKer's with Newforms that you are aware of?

cubdog

Back
Top Bottom